Installed 10.11 API Gateway server, while I am trying to access Gateway UI under Solutions tab getting server is unreachable

Installed 10.11 API Gateway server, while I am trying to access Gateway UI under Solutions tab getting server is unreachable. Someone can help me here.

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Licensed one

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Installed 10.11 API Gateway server, while I am trying to access Gateway UI under Solutions tab getting server is unreachable

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

While I am trying to access Gateway UI, getting server is unreachable

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

Yes, installed latest fix

Hi Sharath,

is there anything in the log files from Gateway Server, which can provide us more details why the Gateway server is unreachable?

Regards,
Holger

Hi, Please share the detailed server/UI logs here and so team can take a look and advise.

HTH,
RMG

hey, there, we also got the same problem, and when check with the IS package WmAPIGateway package, we saw it’s partially loaded, the problem is we got error in the package startup service: java.io.IOException: ElasticSearch failed to start at http://nlap054:9240 in configured 300 seconds. anyone has solution?
thanks in advance!

The answer is on the tin. The elastic search DB has not started and hence API Gateway won’t function.
Are you using the embedded ELK or an external ELK ?
If you have no idea, then I assume it’s the embedded version. In which case you need to check the logs at
<SAG_HOME>/InternalDataStore/logs

ELK is pretty resource hungry, so 9 times out of 10 the reason it won’t start is because lack of memory, threads etc. If running in a Unix environment you will need to bump your ulimit limits.
i.e.

$ echo “sagadmin soft nofile 65536” >> /etc/security/limits.conf
$ echo “sagadmin hard nofile 65536” >> /etc/security/limits.conf
$ echo “sagadmin soft nproc 4096” >> /etc/security/limits.conf
$ echo “sagadmin hard nproc 4096” >> /etc/security/limits.conf

where ‘sagadmin’ is the user id of the account that is running API Gateway, a reboot will be required before changes are effected.

Refer here for details
Prepare for API Gateway and Developer Portal (Linux System)

John.

thank you very much John, will try that and let you know

1 Like

Hi shan,

Please let us know if it worked for you.
I am facing a similar issue.
not sure where and how to change the ulimits.

Tahaseen

Hey Tahaseen, when followed John’s solution, the IOException gone, but we got another issue which is license related, still in contacting Software AG to fix the issue, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.