inoadmin command (version 8.2 of Centrasite)

Hi,

Got a question regarding inoadmin command. My CentraSite Repository (V8.2) in currently running as a windows service under “Local System” userid. When starting the repository from SMH, the repository starts up correctly under “Local System” for the process called inosrv. However when i run the command inoadmin start CentraSite - it repository (inosrv) process starts under my logon userid. Is there a way in the inoadmin command that i can start the repository using a different userid (a service userid)?

regards

Sukhpal

Hi Sukpal,

your observation is correct, actually, when you use inoadmin under Windows, your server process will be terminated when the command window closes. So you need to switch to another batch command, argbatch, where you should use the foloowing: argbatch start CentraSite. This shows the desired behaviour.

Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

The argbatch command only seems to support:

start applicationserver
stop applicationserver

the batch command ‘start CentraSite’ or ‘stop Centrasite’ is not recognised. I can see that it is version 8.0, but not in 8.2 (which is what we are testing on currently).

For that matter for example for some of the commands like ‘show hotfixes’ gives me an authorization error, even though i am registered as a administrator

regards

Sukhpal

Hi Sukhpal,

the argbatch command is located in the InstanceManager/bin directory. Call it via “argbatch show environment” to get an overview, perhaps you have to specify user= password=. You can also set the defaults by “argbatch set environment product=CentraSite” and then execute the command “argbatch start CentraSite product=CentraSite user=Administrator password=manage” for a default installation.

Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thank you… the command works. I must say however that the 'show commands" for product Centrasite or “System Management Hub” only shows the following… hence my confusion

Commands
clear environment
set environment
show environment
show commands
show products
show versions
show targetnodes
add administrator
add objid
append preformatted
close activity