Importing pockages

Hi Experts,
I have to import a package that has the same structure as existing package…I think if i change the zip file name and the root package name then i should be able to import it successfully.Inorder to change them what should i change in the zip file.Please help…Thanks in advance

Change it in manifest.v3 file.

HTH,
RMG

I tried it but it doesnt work… because it will have the same structure as the active package in developer

Then did you tried changing in the ns folder structure?

i am trying that

RMG, i did that it seems like i have to change interface name in ns directory,change name in node.idf file.And Change the manifest file too…If there is any standard process please lemme know…Thanks

Saritha

RMG… One more question…Do i need to change each idf file for each interface.?

Saritha

I think u r playing too much on a lower level. Maybe not a very good idea to do these changes

Thahir

Saritha,

Tahir is right,but as long you play in the development environment it should be ok.

Thaers and RMG,
I need to compare the existing package with the new packages in the developement box.I cannot delete the existing package…Is there any other way to do it…Please help

Thanks,
saritha

sorry i spelt your name wrong Thahir

Saritha,

For doing comparision you can use tool like “WordDocDiff” of SoftInterface, Inc.Please check in google about this download.

HTH,
RMG

I mean i need both the packages in developer window.Is there a different way to change package name and main folder name in the zip file…Thanks in advance

saritha

Just rename the zip file also set the same in the manifest.v3 file and zip the package folder.Try to load it.

Basically these not sound good advices.For comparison use diff tools.

Thanks RMG

your welcome.