Idoc metadata not available. Error when trying to load Idocs.

I have been trying to get our 4.7 installation going after having all kinds of issues getting 3.5 to run as a service on Windows Server 2003.

I believe I am just about able to succesfully load the Idocs as I did in 3.5. However, when it gets to the inboundProcess step, I get an error saying “The IDOC Metadata for ORDERS05 is not available.” I seem to be stuck at this point.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to get around this or fix this issue, I would really appreciate it. I am trying to load these IDOCS via ALE and I am getting this error just after the OutBoundProcess (ALE.java) step.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hello damon,
this can have various reasons. See SAP note 770239, which gives a pretty complete list of why IDoc communication no longer works when upgrading to 4.7.

Most probably it’s something like the following: BC 4.7 uses a different mechanism to lookup the IDoc metadata from the R/3 DDIC, and this new mechanism needs different SAP user authorizations. The SAP user, which you had specified in your 3.5.2 BC, does not have the necessary authorization objects and the DDIC lookup fails.

Regards, Lanzelot