I want to learn all about dsps in webMethods

I want to know certain things about dsp

Can we use the dsp to retrieve data of the user from external databases through Integration Server’s jdbc adapters ? Basically can we perfrom CRUD?

Can we use the dsp to session manage?

Lastly, If I use Javascript in my web application, for example i have a button and i want to display certain fucntionality after i click the button or retrieve some data, so can i invoke dsp flow services in that?

The answer to all those questions is yes.

Conceptually the built-in web server of IS is similar to Ruby on Rails, in that you can deliver server-side processed pages.

To get started, I recommend that you look at the pages in the WmRoot package. Using these as a starting point is what I did many years ago.

In addition, there is no problem to also use things like JQuery, Bootstrap, or even Angular. But for starters I would probably recommend to start with just Bootstrap, Tailwind, or whatever you like. And then, as always, it just depends on the requirements.

1 Like

Hi,

for further informations you should look for the DSP and Templates Developers Guide as well as the IS Built-In-Services Reference available in the documentation section.

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, Ill look into it.