HTTPS Prot Configuration

Hi,

I am trying to configure HTTPS port on IS 6.1. I have provided
Port=5557
Client Authentication=None
PackageName=CustomPackage

All other parameters are optional, thats why i have not specified any thing for bind address, private key certificate etc.

When i try to enable this port, i get following exception

Failed to start HTTPSListener@5557: [ISS.0070.9014] Private key file does not exist

Can any one help me to resolve this.

Thanks

" Private key file does not exist" indicates that you have not followed the instructions in the IS Administrator’s guide for enabling SSL.

You need to create a private key, get it signed by some certifying authority (CA) which could be your own CA or a commercial one like Entrust or Verisign and then install the signed cert, the server’s private key and the public key of the CA as instructed in the IS Admin Guide.

You can use the WM Certificate Toolkit to create a cert and cert signing request(CSR) or use OpenSSL. Search here on wMUsers for how to use OpenSSL to do this.

The documentation is your friend. IT
professionals start with the docs and read them over and over again working through examples to understand the key concepts.

The ability to quickly find a product’s core documentation and absorb what you need to know is a secret to success. It amazes my how many people simply refuse to master this skill.

Mark