How to use the inoclient.dll?

Hi, all:
I have downloaded the HTTP-C client code, and compile it into inoclient.dll successfully. However, I can’t registry it by using regsvr32 under Windows 2000 platform. From the documentation with HTTP-C-API, it says that I will have /Bin/inoclient.dll and /lib/inoclient.lib in my Tamino installation directory, but I can’t find it. Thus, I am failed to run testclient.c example. Could someone give me the right steps to execute testclient.c?
Thanks a lot!

SCW

Hi,

the inoclient.dll is meant to be built inside the libwww source tree, as available from w3c.org. This is typically a directory tree with the root directory named “w3c-libwww-5.3.2” or similar. The thclstub.c and inoclex.h Files should reside in w3c-libwww-5.3.2\Library\src and testclient.c should be in w3c-libwww-5.3.2\Library\Examples. Visual Studio produces directories for all examples
(e.g. …\Library\Examples\windows\listen,
…\Library\Examples\windows\memput and so on.
…\Library\Examples\windows\testclient is just another one - this is the place for testclient.mak. For your convenience, you could add a testclient project in Visual Studio - see attached testclient.dsp)
w3c-libwww-5.3.2\windows\world.dsw is the workspace file for Microsoft Visual Studio.

Note: inoclient.dll is no longer delivered in the Tamino Bin directory.
I suggest to build it yourself with Visual Studio. The inoclient.dll will then be in w3c-libwww-5.3.2\Bin\Release, inoclient.lib in w3-libwww-5.3.2\Bin. These are the places where the make- resp. project-file expects them.

All the best,
Hermann
testclient.dsp (4.37 KB)