How to do i work with outbound messages like DESADV and VDA4913

Hi,

I am using webMethods V4.6, and working on EDI standards.
I need to outbound DESADV and VDA messages to GXS server for delivery to Clients.
I installed UNEDIFACT EDI document type for DESADV 96A from the web-enabled integration server using the path:
integration server>Management>WmEDIforTN>Menu>Install EDI Doc type.

The DESADV is being recognised but i need to know the content and how its being sent to the receiver? Is there anyway i can see the content of the file being sent? I am not able to see the content when i receive the file from GXS.

I read something about one the solutions given in WMUsers which said something about the editn.jar file which need to be placed in the c:\WM6\TnConsole\lib folder.Then editing the TNCondole\bin\console.bat file and adding this line in the
SET CLASSPATH="%CONSOLEDIR%\lib\editn.jar; and saving it… ,for editing or reading the document type.

Can u tell me where i can find it?

In the VDA, can u tell me how can i make a document type for it?

Thanks,
Parul.

Parul,

you can find the editn.jar file in WmEDI or WmEDIForTN package folder in the filesystem or do a search in the IS server,you should find the file and follow the above told comments for viewing or editing the EDIFACT/X12 documents in TNConsole/Analysis section.

Regarding VDA (Germany based Edi standards)you have to create templates based on the VDA samples you got or if you have .sef file you can make user of WmEDI services to parse the template/sef for making IS Schema/documentType.

Search in the Advantage.webmethods.com regarding VDA framework/documenttypes etc…

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for your help once again. I searched for editn.jar file in IS and found two in the packages, one in code folder and other in config folder. I used the config one but was till not able to still see or edit the EDIFACT document types.
Can you please tell what the problem could be and which editn.jar should i use?

Thanks,
Parul.

I am not sure where could be the problem,i believe might you have followed the steps exactly as told above by editing the tnconsole.bat file and save it…restart the TNConsole you should edit/view the documents in the TAnalysis section.

HTH,
RMG

Parul,

Apply TNS_6-1_SP1 and see if you can view the payload.
Let us know the results.

ramesh.

Ramesh,

Orignally the question is for WM IS/TN4.6,so applying 6.1 SP1 may not help.Sorry if you have noticed it already.

HTH,
RMG

Hi Everyone,

Well i tried the method RMG told to view the document type but had no success. I am working on WM 4.6.
Is there any other way i can see the content of the file being sent out?
Actually what i am trying to do is, I need to send the document to GXS server to be able to send out the EDI(DESADV) message.
For the time being i am using my own profile as the sender as well as the receiver.
I am using wm.tn.receive to send the the DESADV message from developer to the TN.
I have installed the DESADV96A document type in the TN. Made a processing rule which delivers the document into a public queue.
This public queue is using VANFTP as the delivery service.

Can you tell me how to make sure that correct data is being sent out and see the content of the file being sent out?
Would GXS be able to identify the receiver?
How to make sure that document is reaching GXS server?

I will be obliged if someone would help me out.

Thanks,
Parul.

Hi Ramesh,
Can you tell me what this TNS_6-1_SP1 is?

Thanks
Parul.

patul,

sorry, I have’nt seen the version you were using.if you are not able to see the payload you are sending to the Trading Partners, installing this fix will get rid of this bug.Anyway, in your case this wont help you.
Can you tell me what are you seeing in the trasaction Analysis screen of TN for this document type?i mean in the content tab.

ramesh.

Parul,

I think you might be missing something in the above configuration,that is the reason you cant able to view or edit the EDI documents in the transaction analysis section…Please redo the process step by step and restart the TNConsole…Every once in this forum faced the same problem initially in edi process and resolved the issued.

If you want to see the DESADV content you build a mechanism to write to file and check the content,another option would be log in the GXS mail box EDI a/c if you have access to it and check if your message is in the inbox/log messages for your sender/receiver/doctype.

HTH,
RMG

Hi Ramesh,

That is the only problem. I am not able to see the content. Its reflected in activity log that the transaction is done. The task reflects the ‘put’ is successful. But i am not able to see the content neither i am able view or edit the DESADV 96A Document type.

Please help me out with this.

Thanks,
Parul.

Parul,

can you send the screenshot of TN Analysis screen for that particular transaction which you are not able to view the content?

ramesh.

Parul,

WM does not allow you to edit or view EDI document types.
Does your document get recognized in TN Console? Do you see a valid Sender/Receiver?

Hi,

RMG,
I did all you had told. I picked editn.jar file from D:\webMethods\IntegrationServer4\packages\WmEDIforTN\config.
And placed it in
D:\webMethods\TNConsole4\lib.
Made the changes in the D:\webMethods\TNConsole4\bin\console.bat file too.
But i am still not able to to view the document type in transactional analysis.
Can u tell me where i am going wrong? or what else can be done?

Ramesh,

I am attaching the screen shot ot the transactional anaylsis screen. Please help me out in this.

Chris,

Yah, the WM4.6 doesn’t allow me to edit or view EDI document type. I am still struggling to find a way.
The DESADV 96A document gets recognised in the TN and it recognises the sender & receiever too.
Can you help me out?

Thanks,
Parul.

screenshot
screenshot.zip (47.6 k)

Baiscally by placing editn.jar file and setting the classpath in the tnconsole.bat will absolutely allows view/open any Edi X12/EDIFACT etc…documenttypes in TransactionAnalysis section.

This is the standard procedure everyone follows…

Sorry Parul,i am not sure where you might be missing in the above procedure.The procedure that you have followed should work,its bet.

HTH,
RMG

Parul,

You cannot edit or view the DESADV Document Type in TN and it is not abnormal.Double click on the transaction in the TN Analysis Screen and tell us what you see under the content tab.

ramesh.

Actually viewing/edit documenttype in DocumentType section is not possible,but he wants to view in TN Analysis screen and wants to see the DESADV content.This is original issue raised from the post.

Pls Parul clarify us whether you want to view/edit documenttype in DocumentType or TN Analysis screen?If TN Analysis screen then placing editn.jar,setting classparth in tnconsole.bat should help…

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG and Ramesh,

I am trying to see the document type in TN Analysis screen. Double clicking the transaction is not allowing me see the details, so i am unable to see anything.
Please help me out in this. Its quite ugent now.

Thanks,
Parul.

Parul,

Sorry i told what ever i have to suggest,

My gut feeling is you might have missed some thing in the configuration of editn.jar file.

HTH,
RMG