How to create a flow service to get token from AWS Cloud

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

webMethods IS 10.5.0

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Customer

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I need to get the token from SAFE Middleware sitting in AWS Cloud. How could I create a service in Designer to get the token.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

I am using pub.oauth:getToken but is not working.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

No fixes installed

From the documentation of pub.oauth:getToken pub.oauth:getToken at built in services guide ,

pub.oauth:getToken WmPublic. Requests an access token from the Integration Server acting as the authorization server.

In this case, the Authorization server is external, this is unlikely to work.

As a first step, you can find what Auth mechanism the server is looking for, to return a token and proceed from there.

Also tagging @Suresh_Ganta , perhaps this could be achieved with a CloudStreams connector?

Also tagging @michael6 for any thoughts.

-NP

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response NP,

I also read these:
Implementing OAuth using webMethods Integration Server - Knowledge base - Software AG Tech Community & Forums
Working with OAuth Type Authorization Code Grant and Implicit Grant - Knowledge base - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums

Those steps will only work when internal/external applications will invoke webMethods or the inbound to webMethods authentication and not when webMethods needs the token from internal/external application?

Server is providing the user credentials (username and password) to wM to get the tokens

/invoke/pub.oauth/getToken is the token endpoint for Integration Server. That is, when Integration Server is acting as an OAuth authorization server, that is the endpoint you call to get an access token. If you are using another vendor’s authorization server, call the token endpoint on that server.

If you are using the authorization code grant or the implicit grant, you need to initiate the grant process by calling the authorization endpoint first: /invoke/pub.oauth/authorize. If you are using the client credentials grant or the resource owner password grant, you can call the token endpoint directly. Please see the IS OAuth documentation and the OAuth standard for a more complete explanation. If you are using an external authorization server, see the section on that topic in the IS documentation.

2 Likes

for the Token we need to get it from 3rd party API.
we were able to get the token as response after calling it from SOAP UI but when we call the service through flow service then pub.client:http we are getting the html page format as response.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.