How can I create a table in Application Designer?

How can I create a table in Application Designer?

I need the create a simple table with 2 columns (header names ‘X’ and ‘Y’) and then 5 rows underneath the header where I can enter values. How do I achieve this using SAG Application Designer?

Thanks,
Vikas

Hi Vikas,

You can simply use the textgridsss2-control for your table. In Layout Painter editor of Application Designer:

• From the “Grids/Trees” group in the palette: Drag a “Textgrid with Server Side Scrolling” into the pagebody of your layout. This creats a table with 1 column.
  • You can drag more columns into your textgridsss2 control from the palette. Use the control “Textgrid column” to do this.
  • For the server-side Java implementation have a look at the Application Designer documentation and the demos. Documentation Chapter: “Layout Elements”/“Working with Grids”. In the demos-workplace under “Normal Controls” you’ll find a “Text Grid” example.

Best Regards,
Christine

mmmmh - I guess textgrid is not the best approach here as direct grid input seems to be required. So best to use a control grid (ROWTABLEAREA2 tag). The grid allows to define columns with any type of input control (text input, combo box,…). Have a look zo documentattion, chapter “ROWTABLEAREA2 - The Flexible Control Grid” is the perfect place to read through when using the grid the first time.

Ah yes, you are right Martin. I missed, that values should be entered on client side.

Best Regards,
Christine

Hello Chrsitine/Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion but I need an example to create create a static table where I need 1 row for header with columns
being ‘Airline’, ‘Date’,‘Time’,‘From’,and ‘To’. In that table I need 2 rows
for data. How do I get the data from these 2 rows into Interstage BPM udas?

Thanks,
Vikas

Two comments: Airline/From/To are string input fields, Date/Time column have dedicated type. The number of rows is specifified with ROWCOUNT attribute at grid tag.

OK, same post but now also showing the attributes at tags (missing in post above)

rowtablearea2 rowcount="2" griddataprop="flightConnections" firstrowcolwidths="true" width="100%"
    tr
        gridcolheader name="Airline" propref="airline" width="50%"
        gridcolheader name="Date" propref="date" width="10%"
        gridcolheader name="Time" propref="time" width="10%"
        gridcolheader name="From" propref="from" width="15%"
        gridcolheader name="To" propref="to" width="15%"      
     /tr
     repeat
         tr
             field valueprop="airline" width="100%"
             field valueprop="date" datatype="date" width="100%"
             field valueprop="time" datatype="time" width="100%"
             field valueprop="from" width="100%"
             field valueprop="to" width="100%"          
         /tr
     /repeat
/rowtablearea2

I agree with given idea. Simply, follow the instructions & you can go easily in drawing table in application designer. Dont forget any of the attribute tags.