textgridsss2 control

With the textgridsss2 control

Hi fgzarzar,

Is it Application Composer or Application Designer you are using?

If it is Application Designer then you will find some example code for even providing custom grid sorting in the chapter “Sorting Aspects with Grids” of the documentation. The textgrid chapter also contains samples how to wrap grid cells.

For Application Composer:
[1] The sorting is done automatically from Composer. The adapter is only notified, that sorting has been done. But currently detailed sort information is not sent for Composer pages. Only Natural Pages get this sort information.
[2] What exactly do you want to do?

Both:
[3] + [4]: What exactly takes long? To give some hints here we need some more information about your grid settings and application event handling.

Best Regards,
Christine

[1] What exactly is the application doing?

Basically, the application calls a Web service (WS) operation (created in CSO), which in turn queries a database and returns a list of records. On the app composer side, there’s a mapping between an app composer generated grid object and the WS reponse. The process works as follow: (1) the user enters data in fields on the UI; these fields are mapped to the WS inputs. (2) hit a button to make the request. (3) in the server-side Adapter method, the associated WS is called. (4) once the service return, the grid object is automatically populated and the records appear on screen.

[2] What takes long?

Users have the option to select multiple records in the grid and simultaneously update their information. However, the response time is slow when a user attempts to select multiple records by holding down the control-key and selecting subsequent records. I would say approximately 3 second or more and increases as the selection progresses

[3] How many grid items are process?

In our development environment we have at most 90 records per grid at the moment, but only 8 or so are selected at a time.

[4] How are the grid settings?

I have two textgridsss2 on the page; either is hidden depending on the user’s role. Basically, one is selectable (selected property is set) while the other is not.

textgridsss2:
Basic:
griddataprop: caseListItems
rowcount: 25
width: 100%

Selection:
selectprop: selected
withselectioncolumn: true
withselectioncolumnico: true
fgselect: true

Appearance:
width: 100%
hscroll: true
stylevariant: VAR2
backgroundstyle: text-align: left; padding-left: 5px
withblockscrolling: true
fixedcolumnsizes: true
disablecolumnresizing: true
disablecolumnmoving: true
showempty lines: false

Is it Application Composer or Application Designer you are using?

I’m using App Composer.

For Application Composer:

[1] The sorting is done automatically from Composer. The adapter is only notified, that sorting has been done. But currently detailed sort information is not sent for Composer pages. Only Natural Pages get this sort information.

So, are you saying there is no way to get the column (name) that is being sorted on in the Adpater class?

[2] What exactly do you want to do?

I meant, is there a way to style individual columns without having to use the textstyleprop property of the column control? For example, I have about 10 columns in the grid and want to have eight of these columns left aligned (using the backgroundstyle property of the textgridsss2 control) and have the last two columns right aligned and bolded; however, I don’t want to use the textstyleprop because it mean I have to traverse the entire grid object list and set this property for each record’s object.

Well, about the sorting information in xcipages I think we do not have direct support for it. I need to check if you can access it thru “undocumented” API calls.

I also need to check why the multiple selection takes so long. 3 seconds is too much.

I will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,
Christine