I have to call an external web service each time a record is inserted on a table of our database. (I’m using Integration Server 7.1.1)
So the following was done:
- I created an Insert Adapter Notification monitoring the table where the insert was being performed.
- Pointed a Broker/Trigger expecting the document generated by the Adapter Notification to a Flow Service (Flow created in Step5)
- Created an Endpoint Alias in ISAdmin Page (So migration to production is easier)
- Created a Consumer Web Service Descriptor and setting the End Point Alias in the Binder Tab.
- Created a Flow service that accept the Notification Adapter Document as Input and that its only job is to call a web service using a connector generated in step 4.
So everything works nice in perfect conditions.
But I was wondering,
- How do I handle errors like:
The external Web Service is down.
The Internet in our company is down
Do I use the “Retry ISRuntimeException” property on the flow? Can I resubmit it the Failed Flow Service in MWS Portal?