got error when deploy TN from 6.1 to 6.5

I tried to delpoy TN from version 6.1 to 6.5, and got following error:

The version: “6.1” of the source Trading Networks system: “server2” does not match the version: “6.5” of the target Trading Networks system. That is not allowed, and nothing can be deployed.

what I should do?

Shuren

As the error indicates, you cannot use the export/import feature of TN console to upgrade your TN configuration. You’re going to need to define your profiles, doc types, rules, etc. within a 6.5 instance (development) before being able to deploy that info to other 6.5 instances (test, production).

reamon,

thanks your reply.

I use 6.5 deployer to deploy TN. Next step, I am going to use export/import feature of TN console, to see if export/import works.

Based on the document, we should be able to deploy TN from 6.1 to 6.5 by deployer 6.5. Is this a bug of deployer 6.5?

Thanks

Shuren

I don’t know how Deployer works for TN elements so I don’t know if it can deploy 6.1 elements to 6.5. The docs for Deployer may have some info about this.

As I mentioned, the export/import feature definitely does not work to import 6.1 elements into 6.5.

[B][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2]

Reamon,

Based on “webMethods Deployer User’s Guide” version 6.5, it should be able to deploy TN 6.1 to 6.5.

I still struggle with this problem, it must have a way to deploy TN bwtween different versions.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Shuren

on page 53, it is written:

Important! [/b][/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]If you add a processing rule from a 6.0.1 Trading Networks to a deployment
set, the processing rule might require custom contact types. If the custom contact
types do not already exist on the target Integration Servers, you must add them to the
deployment set. If you do not, the Deployer will log an error to the deployment report
and the processing rule will not be deployed. (This is not an issue when adding
processing rules from a 6.1 Trading Networks.)
If you add a TN document type with the Duplicate

[/size][/FONT]

Looks like you’re referring Deployer 6.5.1, not 6.5.

I think you’re making assumptions about the capabilities of Deployer. The section you’ve quoted implies a capability of dealing with different source and target versions but I’m not sure that’s a safe assumption. Keep in mind that Deployer 6.5 can interact with older versions of wM components, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it can deal with “upgrade” issues between different versions.

Given the error you received from Deployer, and the info about export/import having version limitations, I think it is clear that Deployer cannot use a deployment from one version to push to another version, at least when it comes to TN.

You may want to touch base with wM tech support to see if they may have info that can help you.

what you pointed out is important.

You are right. The section I quoted may just apply on source/target which have same version.

Thanks,

Shuren