Generating IDL files using .Net Wrapper Wizard

Hi guys

I’m fairly new to EntireX and wondering on the below:

1. Is there an extension available for VS after VS 2010?
  2. If not, what are the alternatives to generating and IDL file? I’m currently using VS 2019 and the only way I can think of to get the IDL file is use VS 2010 to create/generate and then use that import that project into VS 2019.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Edit: Extension installed for VS 2015 with EntireX 10.5 Install.

Problem now is when trying to create a new wizard project I get the assembly mismatched error from Visual Studio. I’ve set the path to the .Net Framework folder and the Wrapper folder (default installation). No matter what version I set as the target (for v4) when creating the project, I get the assembly mismatch error.’

Can ANYONE assist with this? I’ve done a clean install of my dev environment and still the same error.

Below prereqs from the documentation for EXX10.5: Link to doc
|Component|Prerequisites|

There is also a cookbook for creating .NET applications here

| — | — |
|C Wrapper|* For target platform Windows: Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and 2017.|
|DCOM Wrapper|* C++ Compiler from Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and 2017.

• For generated interface objects: corresponding Microsoft Visual Studio .NET C/C++ runtime environment.|
    |.NET Wrapper|* Any .NET Framework supporting .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) version 4.|
    |Microsoft Visual Studio Wizard for .NET Wrapper|* Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.|

Thank you, will go through these resources.

So I got the extension installed and I can see it in VS 2015, but when I try to create a new project, I get the below error:

I have .net 4.8 installed in my dev environment and not matter what version of .Net I choose to target when creating the Wrapper Project I get the assembly reference does not match error.

What version of .Net am I meant to target when creating the project? I’ve set the paths in Designer etc.

Also, the version of EntireX is 10.5

Managed to get this resolved.

Hi Darryl,

might you want to share youre solution so others can adopt it if neccessary?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

I just used the eclipse designer to generate the IDL files and .Net client classes. I could not get the VS plugin to work with VS 2015.

Regards