FTPES connection error : Connection has been shutdown

Hi All,

I am facing the below error while doing FTPES connection, Could you please help why we are getting the below error and how can we solve it?

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac

Please let me know if you need additional information,

Thanks & Regards,
Sudheer Martha

Though not fully sure, however this is a very generic error which is more to do with the network…try to connect to ftp without IS and see how it goes … if you can reach the ftp server then try to validate the certificates related to the FTPES in IS see if it’s all as expected …

Thanks,
Manish

Yes please check the certs/connectivity on both sides…mostly its with SSL connectivity…unless it was working before and assuming this a new connectivity testing:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Manish/RMG,

Thanks for assisting in the issue.

We are connecting to the partner’s server for the first time.

I have tried connecting to the partner’s server using my home PC and my Andriod phone and was able to connect successfully.

By the way, we are trusting all the partner’s certificates and kept that in trusted directory.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudheer Martha

HI Sudheer,

While connecting from your home PC, did the partner FTP server ask you to validate your credentials or was it anonymous? IF you supplied the credentials and if it worked then check certificates in IS…

also it would be wise connecting your partner system from your work network / Domain to make sure the IP and port is not blocked by your firewall…

what do you mean by trusted directory? you also need to import the certificated/ public key in your truststore file

Happy troubleshooting!

Manish

Yes please make sure the above pub key location and also no firewall block access on both sides from your actual IS environment.

HTH,
RMG