FTP XML file to service: Error 550 - No such file or directory

Hi,

I am using SAP BC 4.7. I created a service (accepts node as input) that receives an XML document and processes it to a connected SAP system. While trying to FTP a XML file to this service via pub.client:ftp, I get the error message 550 “No such file or directory”.
Seems that the dirpath is wrong. I used path \folder\serivce and also \package\folder\service.

Can anybody tell me what’s wrong with that?

Thanks in advance!
Kai

Kai,

If you are invoking directly the service from ftp,use this dirpath and put the file in this location.

yourpackage/ns/folder/service or yourpackage\ns\folder\service (unix)

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

thanks for this.
What is “ns”, is that the namespace? Can you tell me where I find this informaiton? I think we are not using one… How can I check?

Kai

Yes “ns” is the namespace…When you create a package service the ns folder will be created by IS…So check your filesystem and IS/Packages/yourpackage/ns folder,follow the rest.

HTH,
RMG

I do not think this is the right path spec. I do not believe the package name is part of the path. Please check the docs.

Sorry,correction packagename is not part of the path ftp put the file on from “ns.…” path.FTP Log on to your package directory and follow the ns location upto you service and drop the file for testing.This will work.

HTH,
RMG

Hello,

I am still facing same error message. Here’s the setup of service pub.client:ftp I use to send XML data to the sevice:

serverhost: localhost
serverport: 5557 (up and running)
username: …
password: …
command: put
dirpath: /Default/ns/folder/service
transfermode: ascii
tranfertype: active (also tried passive without success)
Remotefile: XMLDoc.xml

Do you have an idea what could be my fault?

Thanks a lot - Kai

Hi all,

great! I’ve chaged the path to /ns/folder/service and now I am successful.

Well done and again thanks a lot!

Regards,
Kai

Kai,

Glad to know it worked…yes path should start from ns/…

HTH,
RMG