FTP logging out.

Hi All,

Is it happen in FTP sometimes logging out directly with return code 221, after when the service pub.client.ftp:login calls.

Because my flow is as below,

pub.client.ftp:login
Branch on “return code”
200:SEQUENCE(Which is suuccessfull)
$default:SeQUENCE
Throw an alerts mail.

Here in my case what happening is, once the service pub.client.ftp:login calls ,
its directly returing code 221(closing connection)…by saying as below

Errormessage: Failed in login to host. Error: 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files. 221-Total traffic for this session was 389 bytes in 0 transfers. 221-Thank you for using the FTP service on server. 221 Goodbye. ######################### Error Message ######################## Failed in login to ***.com host. Error: 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files. 221-Total traffic for this session was 389 bytes in 0 transfers. 221-Thank you for using the FTP service on host. 221 Goodbye.

Here without looging in to FTP server its directly closing connection(221), please help me how to stop this error.

You may not have access to the default dir of this FTP site, check with the FTP server admin.
or you just not provide the right authentication info.

thanks for the info…

But second time once the service runs…or sometimes its logging in and processing the files successfully…
without throwing this alerts.

Do you have any idea, though we received this alerts , is the files are processing ???

Can you provide the following:

• Version of IS
  • Inputs being passed to the pub.client.ftp:login call; specifically, the newSession input

What I suspect is that IS is trying to reuse a stale FTP session. The failure clears it and the subsequent call succeeds.

I normally always set newSession to yes.