Flow services are suddenly empty?!?!

I was just checking to see if anyone else has seen someting like that. I have two flow services I created in our Dev system. I had everything just about right and when I went back into our Dev system a couple days later, I see my package is saying partially loaded. In teh server error log I see this:

Caused by: com.wm.lang.flow.FlowException: com.wm.lang.xml.WMDocumentException: [ISC.0042.9325] Element is missing end tag
Stack trace data … e9fcc03c-de20-4e13-8cac-c6a14c35ea6b NULL e9fcc03c-de20-4e13-8cac-c6a14c35ea6b
2020-05-15 15:12:42 CDT
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\support\win32\webMethods64.dll: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
Both of these flows were working before. Any thoughts what this might be? I also have a ticket open with support but I’m hoping this is something that can be easily rectified. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Damon

Hi Damon,

do you have an IS package Win32 installed to your IS and is this package activated?

As this has native parts the IS needs to be stopped and restarted instead of just restarting to check if the natives are loaded correctly.

Are there any other messages in server.log and/or error log related to this which might be helpful for further investigations?

Regards,
Holger

Holger,

Thanks for the response. We have the package WMWin32 installed and running. I’m still working with the SAG team to see what could have caused this but in the meantime I’ve re-created the two flows. I’m just trying to make sure this doesn’t happen again of course. Also, there are no other errors than what I put in the first post.

Thanks again.
Damon

Hi Damon,

if this happens again check the following:

• disk space where the IS is installed and will store the nodes in the packages
  • for the affected service check if there is an additional flow.xml.bak file.

Most likely the flow.xml got corrupted upon incomplete save.
If this happens copy the flow.xml.bak as flow.xml and reload the affected package in Designer.
After that the flow should be displayed correctly again.

When restarting IS with such corrupt services you should receive a warning in the server.log.
Remember to add a dependency in your package properties to WmWin32 to make the IS loading them in correct order and in the same class loader.

Is there a specific requirement why you are using the native integration in your implementation?

Regards,
Holger

1 Like