Fix Installation Issues

Hi Team,

I m facing Strange issue with Fix installation.

For Example, i had installed IS_Core_Fix 2 using the Fix Image file using Composite templates.
After a month, IS_Core_Fix 3 was released and i updated by Fix Image file with IS_Core_Fix 3.

Now my image file has IS_Core_Fix 2 and IS_Core_Fix 3

But when i try to Install the latest fix, its not getting installed.
But when i uninstall old Fix(IS_Core_Fix 2), latest Fix ( IS_Core_Fix 3) gets installed correctly

Command Used:
./cc exec templates composite apply IKEA_FIXES environment.type=CTE_UM_01 template=[TMPL_FIXES] PRODUCT.FIXES=[ALL]

Please suggest, how to fix this issue.

PRODUCT.FIXES value should be ALL, not [ALL]

Thanks
Sergei

Hi Sergei
[ALL] works when i install the fixes normally.
Problem comes when i try to install Higher version of fix and it does not install them .

whats the difference between ALL and [ALL] … Please explain
should i always use ALL ?

Hi Sergei ,

this is My Template… as per this i use PRODUCT.FIXES=[ALL]
#----------------------------
# Product and Fix repositories
# ----------------------------
repo.product: WM910_PRODUCTS_LNXAMD64
repo.fix: WM910_FIXES_LNXAMD64

# ----------------------------------------
# Fixes to install
# ----------------------------------------
PRODUCT.FIXES:   []

===============================================================

Templates

===============================================================

templates:

TMPL_FIXES:
description: Product Fixes
fixes: ${PRODUCT.FIXES}

whats the difference between ALL and [ALL] … Please explain
should i always use ALL ?

[ALL] actually may result in the same result as ALL because scalar values treated as single element arrays, but it is better to use ALL instead of [ALL] as ALL is actually a reserved word / constant that represent all fixes in the repository that apply to the target installation where as [ALL] means an actual fix with fix id = ALL.

[ALL] works when i install the fixes normally.

Do you mean when you install fixes for the first time on a clean environment with no prior fixes?

Problem comes when i try to install Higher version of fix and it does not install them

That is expected to work as well.

Are you physically updating your WM910_FIXES_LNXAMD64 image/repo or using a new repository/image each time?
Are you sure your fix image repository contains newer fixes?
Run this command to verify

cc list repository fixes content WM910_FIXES_LNXAMD64 products=integrationServer_9.10
ID                           	Display Name              	Version         	Size
wMFix.integrationServer.ART  	Adapter Runtime 9.10 Fix 1	9.10.0.0001-0014	  817614
wMFix.integrationServer.ART  	Adapter Runtime 9.10 Fix 2	9.10.0.0002-0029	  821289
wMFix.integrationServer.Core 	IS_9.10_Core_Fix1         	9.10.0.0001-0007	15055826
wMFix.integrationServer.Core 	IS_9.10_Core_Fix2         	9.10.0.0002-0015	15087144
wMFix.integrationServer.Core 	IS_9.10_Core_Fix3         	9.10.0.0003-0007	15138327
wMFix.integrationServer.OData	IS_9.10_OData_Fix1        	9.10.0.0001-0010	  251743

If all you do is installating all latest fixes for existing products you can use provisioning fixes command instead:

cc exec provisioning fixes YOUR_NODE_ALIAS WM910_FIXES_LNXAMD64 install

If you still have problems please open SI

Thanks
Sergei