File transfer from source IS to Target IS

hello friend,

i have a requirement wherein file needs to be transfered from one e2 system (IS) to another e2 System (IS).
so i have come out with two ideas …could anyone suggest me how to start with this.

1. -create a service which takes a file as input
    -calculate MD5 Checksum ( java service already available.)
    -logging at proper places

2. -create a publishable document with fields (PUBLISH TO BROKER)
    . data(optional marked as green)
    . timestamp (mandatory)

3. -create a trigger (and provide subscribing service and document type in this)

4. Think subscribing service should be in the other IS. Now here do i need to write the subscribing service in the other IS by creating a subscription service.

Is there any other way to go about this requirement.
also how can i setup a directory as FTP Directory.

Hi Wmie. FTP is a good soution to go ahead with file tranfers. The FTP box can either be a windows/unix machine. This is normally setup by the IT Infra Team. You can provide the details to them so that a FTP box can be configured as per your needs. Once this is done. Simply use the preprovided loigin,logout,get,put services to work with the FTP.
***********************************:slight_smile:
The approach saves time in away that the use of Broker is not needed.(Helpfull if monitoring is of prime importance.)
The flatfile/xmlfile need not be processed.
Less coding needed to accomplish ur task.
Easy handling of files thru FTP. (Monitoring can be implemented in this case also)

Note: U will get lots of guides to setup a FTP on a win/unix boxes.

Enjoy…Get there faster.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.