Failing to evaluate boolean field used as a rendering condition in CAF project

Hi,

I have a CAF project that uses boolean field (from a webservice connector parameter) in the rendering and disable condition. this used to work fine but i recently had to recreate the webservice connector because I added another field on the input parameters of the flow service. Now I get a runtime error that the application is failing to evaluate the the binding expression. Any idea how I can resolve this??

2018-10-22 08:01:02 SAST (Framework:WARN) [RID:3322] - Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{StyleDetailsDefaultviewView.updateStore.parameters.updateStore.retailItem.retailItem.style.containsVariants}”
javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: The class ‘com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.clntmdd_itemlist_item.wsd.retailitem_wsd.Style’ does not have a readable property ‘containsVariants’.
at com.sun.faces.application.ValueBindingValueExpressionAdapter.getValue(ValueBindingValueExpressionAdapter.java:114)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.application.CAFValueBinding.getValue(CAFValueBinding.java:57)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.application.CAFMixedELValueBinding.getValue(CAFMixedELValueBinding.java:111)
at javax.faces.component.ValueExpressionValueBindingAdapter.getValue(ValueExpressionValueBindingAdapter.java:84)
at javax.faces.component.ComponentStateHelper.eval(ComponentStateHelper.java:194)
at javax.faces.component.ComponentStateHelper.eval(ComponentStateHelper.java:182)
at javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOutput.java:170)

Hi Motseko,

flipping the status of isRendered requires a reload of the page to apply its setting.

More likely you want to keep isRendered=true and use the isVisible property to determine if object should be shown or not.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

It seems as if I misrepresented my problem initially. here is the situation:

I have a CAF project that was created on version 8.0 of wenMethods. Now we are on version 9.5 and I have added a new field in the input of one of the services I used to create webservice connectors. This meant I had to refresh/recreate the webservice connector to be able to use the newly added field. As soon as I refresh/recreate the webservice connector all my Boolean fields used in the source code come up with error with the suggestions to fix(see attachment). I tried using the first option (basically adding ‘is’ before the actual name of the boolean field…this compiles fine but still gives a runtime error on all the boolean fields when trying to evaluate them…I have also attached the error log.

CAF issue.docx (163 KB)

Hi,

when opening the project for the first time with Designer 9.5, did you perform a “Repair CAF Project”?

This should update the project to the new version regarding class path, deprecated items etc.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Hogler,

Yes I did.

thanks,
Motseko.

Hi Holga,

I thought I should let you know, the issue I had has been resolved. I found the solution (or work around) on the empower website KB Article 1778769, link:

https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?prdfamily=Software_AG_Suite&KEY=133269-3538719&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD

Thanks,
Motseko.

Hi Motseko,

please note that the article id is not matching the link.

The link is referring to article id 1778760, not 1778769.
Probably just a typo, but if someone tries to search for it, …

Regards,
Holger