Extracting TN Attributes

[SIZE=2]Hello All,

My requirement is to extract the details of a TN document type like the system attributes and custom attributes using the docTypeId as input in a flow service. I am using the built in service, wm.tn.docType:view for this. I get all the desired values at run time. However since the output document of this service references wm.tn.rec:BizDocType I am not able to map the fields under attributes and envelopeIData. Please let me know how to proceed. I would really appreciate some help in this regard. Any other work around would also be of great help.

I am working with webMethods 6.5.

I know this problem has been addressed before, but I am not able to find a solution to this.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Shompa
[/size]

Two ways you can do this:
– copy the Attributes out from bizdoc to a new Document type (name it theAttritbutes if you like), next step you can add all the attributes (defined as string type under theAttribtues) so you can draw the mapping line from.
– direct use %/bizdoc/Attributes/AttName% in the Set Value box.

HTH,
Tong

Hello Tong,

Thanks for the reply. I already tried both the ways that you suggested but unfortunately they do not work. For the first point, i dont see the new document mapped in the pipeline and in the second case the value does not get substituted(please note that I have checked on perform variable substitution!!)

This happens for only those fields which are not referenced by the BizDocType which is the output of wm.tn.docType:view service.

Thanks,
Shompa

I’m not sure why it’s not working for you.
If you like get some screenshot, or post your service here.
Tong

You should use wm.tn.doc:view and see how it goes and do the Tong described above…

But are you able to see output of BizDocEnvelope IDATA with the required attributes??

HTH,
RMg

Hello RMG aand Tong,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have used the wm.tn.docType:view service and I am able to see the output which I require in the pipeline. But even after using both the methods as described by Tong I am unable to extract the fields that I require.

Please have a look at the attached word document. I have placed 2 screen shots. Figure 1 shows the 2 ways that I used ie mapping from the pipeline and then variable substitution. Please check the output also(temp2) in the Results panel. Figure 2 shows the output of the service, wm.tn.docType:view. Please note that the field that I am trying to extract in the example ie type/envelopeIData/SenderID/envId can be seen in the pipeline.

Thanks,
Shompa
TNFlowService.doc (89.5 KB)

You should’t give the same document name as type where you map the temp,temp2,try to rename as doc_type and then map the output of doctype:view type to doc_type and then do the substitution.before you map from this doc_type make sure it has the values in the pipeline inorder to temp substituion work.

PS: check if the xpath is matches in the pipeline %type/envelopeData/SenderID/envId%

HTH,
RMG

Agree with RMG, don’t copy the “type(BizDocType)” to “type”, use a different name. That should be the prblem.

Hello RMG and Tong,

I tried that also but in vain :(…

I have solved my problem by writing a custom java service using the TN API and now I can extract the attrbutes that I want.

Thanks again for all your help.

Shompa.

It will work…anyways you resolved the issue…good to hear that…

HTH,
RMG