Extended Transport service

Hello,

I’m testing new C API for Tamino 4.1.
When I use it in local Tamino Pc, I don’t have any problem. But I don’t know how access to remote databases. I think I must configure eXtended Transport Service.
Help for XTS is not available with Tamino instalation.

How do I use XTS ?

Hi,

Each time a database is started is registers itself with the XTS directory service. So what you could have is a machine A that has Tamino database on it that is also running the aforementioned service. Then on machine B where the ‘C’ application resides you can install just the TaminoAPI4C from the Tamino installation CD (which requires XTS libraries to be installed) and configure it so that:
- there is no XTS DS service running by selecting this during installation or disabling the service if already configured.
- edit c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and add/edit
SAGXTSDShost pointing to the IP address of machine A
SAGXTSDSport is 49.187.0.0

e.g.

127.0.0.1 localhost machineB
10.10.20.20 machineA SAGXTSDShost
49.187.0.0 SAGXTSDSport

When you connect to the database from the API with the tac_init() function, it will do an XTS lookup by connecting to the XTS directory service on an IP address specified by SAGXTSDShost. There it will resolve the correct IP address and port number of the actual running database and be able to connect to it.

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

ok, thanks for all

Hi,
I try to install XTS libraries from Tamino installation CD in machine B. I have done custom installation and chosen only install “webserverless modules”.
during Universal transaction platform installation error ocurred.
My Tamino version is 4.1.1.1 and I downloaded Tamino API C from SoftwareAG site because it is not in my Tamino CD installation.

I don’t think that a UTX installation error should affect your use of the C API. The C API should only depend on XTS which depends on the base libraries.

I’ve installed XTS and API for C in machine B.
I’ve stopped XTS using “xtsdssvc -stop” command, and I’ve edited hosts file with:

127.0.0.1 localhost machineB
machineAIP SAGXTSDShost
49.187.0.0 SAGXTSDSport

now, I try to run this cod in machine B:

const char *response;
TAC_HANDLE mHandle;
mHandle = tac_init(“DB_test”);
tac_diagnose(mHandle,“version”);
tac_last_xml_response(mHandle, &response);
printf(“%s\n”, response);

where “DB_test” is a batabase in machine A. And the result is this message:

<ino:message ino:returnvalue='8201>
<ino:messagetext ino:cod=INOXHE8201">Can’t connect to server DB_test, XTS error code -76</ino:mesagetext></ino:message>

What’s wrong ?

Hi Josep,

for the hosts file is the entry for SAGXTSDSHost, is it exactly as per your last post, i.e,

machineAIP SAGXTSDShost

if so this is probably causing the problem since the first entry needs to be the actual IP address, e.g.
10.10.10.10 machineAIP SAGXTSDShost

I believe -76 indicates a wrong ip address but the xts documentation states that this error code is no longer supported so I do not really understand the reason for this error. If this doesn’t help please contact your local support center.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.