Error while configuring Workflow server Database

Hi,
I am trying to configure Workflow server, and when I am specifying the Database connection parameters, I am getting the following error

WRKCONF000034 ERROR! Failed to initialize database. See log file for details.

My Database connection parameters are:
Database user name:testwm
database p/w:testwm
Database type:Oracle 8i
JDBC driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
URL for jdbc driver: C:\webMethods\lib\classes111.zip
URL for DatabaseConnection : jdbc:oracle:thin:@mc01:1521:wmdb
Log File details

6/23/02 [06:00:52.656 PM] WRKCONF000043 Running process: C:\jdk1.3.1_03\bin\javaw -classpath baseormgen.jar;orm.jar;classes111.zip com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.gen.base.BaseMappingsGenerator …/etc/mappedBaseClasses C:\jdk1.3.1_03\bin\javac jdbc:oracle:thin:@mc01:1521:wmdb testwm testwm oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver baseMappings.jar.
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.(OracleConnection.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:172)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.SQLConnectionFactory.getNewConnection(SQLConnectionFactory.java:88)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.JDBCConnectionFactory.getNewConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:56)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:51)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.orm.jdbc.gen.ORMSetGenerator.generate(ORMSetGenerator.java:42)

TIA,
Girish

I would suggest that you try it with orajdbc.zip in stead of classes111.zip.

Peter Baard
TMNS

Hi Peter,
I could not find the “orajdbc.zip” you were referring to. Where can I get one? Does it come with the standard installation package with Workflow? or am I missing any WM component and which I need to install??

Thanks,
Girish

Hi Girish,

I will mail it to you if you send me your email address. My email address is pbaard@tmns.nl

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,
You can send the zip file to
girish_saroday@non.hp.com

Thanks In Advance,
Girish

Hello Girish,

I’ve checked internally and the orajdbc.zip is just a renamed file of the Oracle JDBC classes. You should be able to use the classes12.zip from Oracle. So perhaps my other suggestions I’ve emailed were the solution to your problem.

Regards,

Peter