Error when publishing web app or portlet app on MWS

Hi there,

I would like to practice the CAF development in webMethods.

I have downloaded the free trials for webMethods and Mobile and installed all products on Windows 7. I have successfully initialized and started MWS. I can log-in as Administrator or SysAdmin. I have created a web application and a portlet application in the Designer UI Development perspective based on the samples (Starter Web Application and Search Application, respectively). But I cannot deploy the apps on MWS. When I try to add them to the server and publish, I am getting the following error message:

An internal error occurred during: “Publishing to My webMethods Server (Remote) at localhost @ localhost:8585…”.

The error log shows some problem in invoking a Web Service in WmPortalPublisher:

eclipse.buildId=4.5.2.M20160212-1500
java.version=1.8.0_101
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product com.webMethods.product.designer.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product com.webMethods.product.designer.ide

org.eclipse.core.jobs
Error
Fri Nov 11 09:25:37 CET 2016
An internal error occurred during: “Publishing to My webMethods Server (Remote) at localhost @ localhost:8585…”.

java.lang.LinkageError: org/apache/axis2/addressing/EndpointReference
at org.apache.axis2.description.ClientUtils.inferOutTransport(ClientUtils.java:71)
at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.prepareMessageContext(OperationClient.java:304)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:180)
at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:616)
at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:592)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.invokeWebService(WmPortalPublisher.java:485)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.invokeWebServiceUsingAuth(WmPortalPublisher.java:320)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.deployComponent(WmPortalPublisher.java:294)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.publish(WmPortalPublisher.java:180)
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.GenericServerBehaviour.publishModule(GenericServerBehaviour.java:82)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1091)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1183)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:987)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3172)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Please help. Thanks!

Best regards,
Thomas

One more observation: Further down in the error log, I found a different error message on the first attempt to publish a web app (class loader problem):

eclipse.buildId=4.5.2.M20160212-1500
java.version=1.8.0_101
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product com.webMethods.product.designer.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product com.webMethods.product.designer.ide

org.eclipse.core.jobs
Error
Fri Nov 11 08:21:56 CET 2016

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name “org/apache/axis2/addressing/EndpointReference”
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.defineClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:272)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:632)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:588)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:540)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:527)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:327)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:402)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:352)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:344)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at org.apache.axis2.description.ClientUtils.inferOutTransport(ClientUtils.java:71)
at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.prepareMessageContext(OperationClient.java:304)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:180)
at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:616)
at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:592)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.invokeWebService(WmPortalPublisher.java:485)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.invokeWebServiceUsingAuth(WmPortalPublisher.java:320)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.deployComponent(WmPortalPublisher.java:294)
at com.webMethods.caf.server.wmportal.publisher.WmPortalPublisher.publish(WmPortalPublisher.java:180)
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.GenericServerBehaviour.publishModule(GenericServerBehaviour.java:82)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1091)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1183)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:987)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3172)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Hi Thomas ,

Can you please try re-starting both MWS and designer and also instead of local host you can place IP address.

Alternately you can directly deploy war file in MWS. To deploy war file put the war file MWS_ROOT>/server/<mws_instnace>/deploy folder in target environment. Then browse to Folders > Administrative Folders > Administration Dashboard > Configuration > Install Administration and file will be available under "Independent Components " section

Thanks
Baharul Islam

2 Likes

Hi Baharul,

Thanks for your response. I had torn down the installation, so I could not respond earlier. I have now installed the free trials for webMethods and Mobile again (all products), this time on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM. I have successfully initialized and started MWS. I can log-in as Administrator or SysAdmin. I have created a web application and a portlet application in the Designer UI Development perspective based on the samples (Starter Web Application and Search Application, respectively). And again, I cannot publish them on the server, same error message as before on Windows 7. Maybe the MWS from the webMethods free trial and the CAF Designer feature from the Mobile free trial do not co-operate as they should?

What do you mean by “and also instead of local host you can place IP address”? Where should I place the IP address?

By the way: In the meantime, I have downloaded and installed the full BPMS free trial. In that installation, both web apps and portlet apps can be deployed on the MWS without any problem, so I can use that installation for my experiments. Thanks!

Best regards,
Thomas

Unbelievable. That actually was the reason for my “Publishing failed org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 401 Error: Unauthorized Transport” error when trying to publish to MwS on localhost.

Thank you so much, Baharul!