Error 'no ocijdbc10 in java.library.path' while setting up a JDBC connection

I know this question has been asked several times but I really don’t find any helpful answers. I am trying to setup a JDBC connection with an OCI driver to connect to an Oracle 11g database. The error that comes up is: no ocijdbc10 in java.library.path. I am trying to use the Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.4) JDBC OCI Drivers. I have setup the environment path variable. The curious thing is if I replace the jar files in the path with the JDBC driver version 10 it works without any error. Please let me know what I am doing wrong here.

Component Stack:

1. webMethods Integration Server - 9.0
  2. JDBC Adapter - 6.5
  3. Oracle 11g R2 Enterprise
  4. Java Version - 1.7.0_25
  5. JDBC driver version - 11.2.0.4

Thanks in advance,
Rohit

Did you place the ocijdbc10 jar in IntegrationServer/config/lib/jars folder

Can I know your wM version?

Hi Mahesh - Thanks for your reply, I am trying to work with the JDBC version 11.2 so i believe the file would be ocijdbc11 and not ocijdbc10. And I have placed the same in the path: IntegrationServer/config/lib/jars. The wM version I’m using is 9.0. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Rohit

Can you share the folder under SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer

Share the screen shot of your JDBC connnection page showing all the parameters.

What did you give in other properties?

Place the jars here

SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\

or

SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\custom

I have attached the screenshot for the connection properties. I have placed the file in the path: SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars. I had a few queries:

1. How is the JDBC version selected while enabling a JDBC Connection?
  2. Can we have multiple versions of the JDBC drivers placed in the directory path: SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\ ?

Thanks for your reply,
Rohit

Answers below:

1> What do you mean by “JDBC version selected while enabling a JDBC Connection” Latest JDBC version is 6.5.
2> You can place the jars in SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\ in wM 7 I think from 9 and above place the jars in

SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\custom and then enable the JDBC connection. Make sure there are no extra spaces (leading and trailing edges) in the parameters. All 3rd party jars should be in custom folder.

Also share the screen shot of the folders under SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\

Sorry - I meant to ask how the JDBC driver was selected at runtime while enabling the connection. I have included the folder image too.

Thanks,
Rohit

Wrong screen shot. I asked for the screen shot of the folders under SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\

Anyways… put the jars in SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\custom and try to enable the JDBC connection.

If its not working let me know…

1 Like

Suggestion:

place the dll (native part) under IntegrationServer/lib.

The jars can be either placed under one of the following locations:

1. IntegrationServer/lib/jars/custom (This one is recommended when using OCI mode with dll, alternatively use option 3.)
  2. IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars (This one is sufficient when using Thin mode without dll)
  3. IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars/static (This one is recommended when using OCI mode with dll, alternatively try option 1.)

Remember to shutdown and start the IS in each of the case when exchanging files as otherwise these will not be loaded completely.

As long as there is no real requirement for using OCI mode, I prefer using the Thin mode, which works farely well when using the jars matching the JVM and/or Oracle-Version being used.

Currently this is ojdbc6.jar from Oracle 11g R2 (11.2.0.4), which can be used by all currently supported wM versions and their related JVMs. Only for wM 7.1 instances I recommend ojdbc5.jar from the same Oracle-Version as already mentioned.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like