error message in System Management Hub

hi

In System Management Hub Window, When I click Tamino, it displays error message:
“The user has not enough rights to execute this command” (I logged in administrator ^^;)
(OS : win2000 pro)

thanks.

Hi Nuribar,
it might be that when you installed Tamino you where logged on as a different user.
Select your machine from the System Management Hub, and chhose Login As, then enter the domain name of the user who installed Tamino and its password.
When you enter the tamino console, you can add administrators.
Hope it will help

hi joe.
thanks a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by joe:
Hi Nuribar,
it might be that when you installed Tamino you where logged on as a different user.
Select your machine from the System Management Hub, and chhose Login As, then enter the domain name of the user who installed Tamino and its password.
Hope it will help

I tried your advice and had no luck. I’m using the Version 2 of the starterkit. I hope I’m being just blind, but if any other suggestions exists I’d welcome them.

KG

quote:
Originally posted by joe:
Hi Nuribar,
Hope it will help

OK,

Just solved the problem. I found a similar one in the Tamino XML database discussion group that pointed me to looking at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software AG\Tamino Manager\users in the registry to find out what users were authorized to create a database.

I was suprised (and happy) to see that there were no users defined at all. Not even “myself”. So I manually added my self as “domain-name/userid” under the “users” folder and after that I could create my db etc.

KG

I too had the problem with the user does not have permissions issue. I went to the registry, and low and behold, no Tamino Manager hive! After a bit of digging, I found it. Seems SAG changed it on me. :slight_smile:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software AG\System Management Hub\Products\Tamino\Users

Hope this helps…

Bill Priess