Error Handler issue

When setup is like this

-SEQ(exit on done)
-+SEQ(EFT Process - exit on failure)
-+SEQ(EFT Error Handler - exit on done)

The EFT Error Handler is executed everytime even if there are no errors.

when setup like this:

-SEQ(exit on success)
-+SEQ(EFT Process - exit on failure)
-+SEQ(EFT Error Handler - exit on done)

The EFT Error Handler is not executed when an error is encountered.

I can’t understand why it executes when its not supposed to or doesn’t excute at all. I am trying to have the “-+SEQ(EFT Error Handler - exit on done)” execute only if “-+SEQ(EFT Process - exit on failure)” encounters an error such wrong flatfile, missing email address, or unable to send email. Am I missing something?

Thank You in advance for all the help!

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Can you tell us clearly what kind of errors you are expecting in the sequence (EFT Process - exit on failure)?If it is something to do with the processing errors, then definitely the SEQ(EFT Error Handler - exit on done) would be executed.If you are checking for any missing parameters,you would have to explicitly execute the error handler sequence.Let’s say the email address is missing,In this case, you check if emailAddress variable is not null and if it is null,invoke the exit step and in the properties of exit step,Exit from the label name of the EFT process Sequence and signal failure and dont forget to give a label name to the EFT process sequence.This way you are explicitly controlling the flow.

HTH
ramesh.

Ramesh, That is exactly what I have done. One more question. I am trying also to create another flow that should be executed every 30mins. That flow will scan Error directory for error files. Any idea how I can accomplish this? I cannot use the file polling port b/c the Error folder is already defined as one the Error folders for another port. How can I time delay execution of REPEAT? Is it possible at all?

Sebastian,

One workaround is create a scheduled service and read the contents of the Error directory.If it contains any files,process them or if the directory is empty, do nothing.I think you can still use file polling port because the other file polling port uses the error folder as the Error Directory but not as the Monitoring Directory.

HTH
ramesh.

I tried using the file polling port but IS is refusing to enable the port. I am getting an error: [FPL.0003.0015] Invalid Error Directory. Strange error b/c it refers to the Error Directory. When I change the Monitoring directory of that newly created port to directory that is not yet defined then there are no errors and the port is enabled. Could you brefily explain how I can create scheduled service?

Sebastian,

I tried to replicate the file polling port issue,but i was not getting any error whatsoever.regarding the scheduled service,first create a flow service with no input parameters(scheduled services shouldnt have any input parameters)and include all the logic in the service, like reading the files in the directory and processing them.Open the IS admin page.In the navigation pane, click on scheduler and then create a scheduled task from there.

HTH
ramesh.

Sebastian,
Please verify the Audit properties of the flow service. The Audit properties of the service have to be set to
Audit
Enable Audit —On Top Level Service only
Log on —Error Only
Include Pipeline—On error only

Saileela, thank you for your input. I was missing these settings. :slight_smile:
Ramesh, thanks for the scheduler info. Also, to replicate the issue create a file pooling port with monitoring directory:

Port1
Monitoring Dir: C:\abc\inbox
Error Dir: C:\abc\error

Then try creating new port with monitoring port C:\abc\error

Port2
Monitoring: C:\abc\error

I just tried it again and getting same error. If you are not getting any errors I will have to dig around to see why I am getting the error.

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Sebastian

Ramesh, I will not use the File Polling port. The scheduler is a lot better for my setup.

Many Thanks!!!

I learn from WMusers group that once you have encounter the FTP error problem. Did you solve it?

Anyhow I have a query about FTP errors. FTP is throwing file not found error to suppress the error I have created a try catch block to catch the error and its able to suppresses the error but the error is going to error logs and in my logging and monitoring screen I gave a email address because of that its throwing the same error. Can you help me how do we suppress such kind of errors.

Thanks in advance. One more thing I got your mail id from wmusers.

Thanks,
Muneer0072000