Error : Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program

Hi,

An external VB application sends a data file to Business Connector server and then immediately sends a trigger xml file to trigger the BC service.
The data file can be seen in the BC folder but instead of gettin processed immediately sometimes it just sits there. When I checked the error log, I saw following error.

2008-03-26 12:21:32 MST java.io.FileNotFoundException: /interf/ARL/900/ES/MF/inbound/cc_4241325-909.txt (Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.)

Does that mean that the data file is still being sent or under FTP when the trigger runs the service :confused:
or is it some other problem. The VB appln team say they send the files in linear fashion so no chance of the above scenario. How can this be avoided as it has to be set up as completely automatic run.

Any help in analysing this error is reatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aerobcuser

“VB application sends a data file to Business Connector server”

How exactly is it doing this? Using FTP?

Search the web for “Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.” for possible causes/resolutions. This doesn’t appear to be a BC issue, but possibly an error condition of some sort with the FTP daemon or in the VB-FTP server interaction.

Yes. VB is using FTP.

I did serach the net too for this error and most of the places it says “ftp daemon still has the file open for writing” . I guess I need to check with VB team again. For now I suggested them to put a 10 second gap betweeen FTP of data file and trigger file. I hope that works.