EntireX 6.1.1.0 via .Net Managed Code

We have an ASP.Net application that communicates with EntireX (to Natural) via VB6 COM+ components. (We obviously reference dll generated by EntireX Workbench from the pda’s). I have rewritten one of these VB6 COM+ components into a VC#.Net COM+ Managed component. This object works perfectly in Development, test and even production. As the load picks up on this new .Net COM+ object, some strange in interesting errors start occurring or errors on the system occur more often.

Errors include our favorite:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Catastrophic failure
Followed very closely by:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error: 0215 0148 EntireX Broker not active

These errors occur a couple of times until eventually we get:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown

In the original development documentation, the original developers said that they built the COM+ components in VB6 because EntireX could not handle .Net Managed code.

:?: Can anyone point me towards some documentation or other website/page that states this more clearly and possibly the reason for it. If anyone else has any other ideas, I’m real open for any suggestions at this stage.

Thanks in Advance
David

Hi David,

We haven’t see this error so far. A possible reason for these errors could be a memory leak or threading issues.

In case you are using 6.1.1.0 on Windows I suggest to upgrade to a more recent version of EntireX.