email port is not enabling after restart

Hi All,

I am facing issue while enabling the email port after restart the IS.

below is the error.

Failed to start EmailListener:imap:aaa@server.bbb.com:1111:[ISS.0070.9003] Enable Failed : Could not log into account aaa@server.bbb.com

i have telnet the server, it was successfully connecting.

i am able to login the mail also.

Please help on this.

Santosh – It might be issue in your configuration. Share the details what you have passed.

Thanks,

Hi Santosh,

There are different factors that can cause such an error. So please share with us the configuration for your e-mail port.

Also let me know whether your IMAP e-mail port is configured to receive requests from an e-mail server that uses NTLM for authentication?

One more thing is to check mail.jar file which is located in <IS_DIR>/lib/jars directory.

You can also go to Settings > Extended > Show and Hide Keys and add watt.config.systemProperties and set the value to true. This helps you debug IMAP port issues on server.

Regards,
Roham Zaferanlo

There are different factors that can cause such an error. So please share with us the configuration for your e-mail port.

Also let me know whether your IMAP e-mail port is configured to receive requests from an e-mail server that uses NTLM for authentication?

One more thing is to check mail.jar file which is located in <IS_DIR>/lib/jars directory.

Hi Roham,

where can i see the settings for wwather IMAP email port is configured to receive request form an email server that use NTLM authentication?

and dont see this mail.jar file in <IS_DIR>/lib/jars directory

Hi Roham,

where can i see the settings for wwather IMAP email port is configured to receive request form an email server that use NTLM authentication?

and dont see this mail.jar file in <IS_DIR>/lib/jars directory

Satish,

mail.jar you can find it in this folder path:

IS_Home/common/lib/ext

HTH,
RMG

Hi Santosh,

Try finding it by opening server.bat or server.sh located under <IS_DIR>/bin (directory depends on your wM version) and then search for JAVA_OPTS line and check if you can find the property β€œ-Dmail.imap.auth.ntlm.disable=” and check if it’s true or false.

You can also refer to the document below if you need more information for activating and deactivating NTLM. (This is a link to wM v9.6, this setting is the same for all version above 9.0 as far as I know)
[url]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-6/Integration_Server/9-6_Integration_Server_Administrators_Guide.pdf[/url] Pages 897-899

Regards,
Roham Zaferanlo