EM not opening after installing Universal Messaging Enterprise Manager 9.10 SP0 Fix 3

Hi,

We have wM 9.10 installations.
UM server is on Linux machine.
EM is on Windows machine.

The UM has fixes as per screen shot attached. There are no problems with UM so far.
EM was also connecting with UM without an EM fix.

I installed the Universal Messaging Enterprise Manager 9.10 SP0 Fix 3 on EM today.

After this, EM is not coming up. Below is the log which comes on Windows machine on clicking of Enterprise Manager icon.

STATUS | wrapper | → Wrapper Started as Console
STATUS | wrapper | Java Service Wrapper Standard Edition 64-bit 3.5.25
STATUS | wrapper | Copyright (C) 1999-2014 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
STATUS | wrapper | http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
STATUS | wrapper | Licensed to Software AG USA, Inc. for nenterprisemgr
STATUS | wrapper |
WARN | wrapper | The ‘HPROXY’ environment variable was referenced but has not been defined.
WARN | wrapper | The ‘HAUTH’ environment variable was referenced but has not been defined.
WARN | wrapper | The ‘CKEYSTORE’ environment variable was referenced but has not been defined.
WARN | wrapper | The ‘CKEYSTOREPASSWD’ environment variable was referenced but has not been defined.
WARN | wrapper | The ‘CAKEYSTORE’ environment variable was referenced but has not been defined.
WARN | wrapper | The ‘CAKEYSTOREPASSWD’ environment variable was referenced but has not been defined.
STATUS | wrapper | Launching a JVM…
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperManager: Initializing…
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp:
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: Encountered an error running main:
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/pcbsys/nirvana/nAdminAPI/nDuplicateNodeException
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at com.pcbsys.nirvana.nAdminTool.gui.nEnterpriseMainFrame.(nEnterpriseMainFrame.java:163)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at com.pcbsys.nirvana.nAdminTool.gui.nEnterpriseMainFrame.(nEnterpriseMainFrame.java:104)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at com.pcbsys.nirvana.nAdminTool.gui.nEnterpriseManager.(nEnterpriseManager.java:24)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at com.pcbsys.nirvana.nAdminTool.gui.nEnterpriseManager.main(nEnterpriseManager.java:59)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:290)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.pcbsys.nirvana.nAdminAPI.nDuplicateNodeException
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
INFO | jvm 1 | WrapperSimpleApp Error: … 10 more
STATUS | wrapper | ← Wrapper Stopped

Can you please help?
I need the EM to have latest fix as UM so that I can further set up and test AD connectivity with UM via EM log in page for EM users from the operation team.
This is an urgent request.

Regards,
Revathi

UMFixes.JPG

Revathi,
when you installed the EM fix, did you also install fixes on the UM server?
You should always install the same set of fixes on EM, client libs and the server itself.
If you still have problems, I suggest you open a support ticket.

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

Fixes installed on UM server about month ago.
Please see attached the fix level on UM.

Regards,
Revathi

Revathi,
I see from your screenshots that the server fix level is Fix 2, whereas you have now installed EM fix 3.
You will need to install Fix 3 on both the server and the client (EM) in order for them to work together properly.

Hi Revathi,

The client fix level needs to match the EM fix level here. There should be a dependency between these fix packages but it appears to be missing. This will be added for future fixes.

Regards,

Stuart

Hi Jonathan, Stuart,

The question is the stand alone EM which is on Windows machine does not even start after I installed Universal Messaging Enterprise Manager 9.10 SP0 Fix 3. Why is it so?

How can I install Fix 2 on EM? When I connect to the Empowerer portal for a download, I only see option of Fix 3 for EM.

Regards,
Revathi

Hi Revathi,

start the UpdateManager with CommandLine option “-showAll true”.

This will give you the opportunity to select older Fixes.
Otherwise the UpdateManager will only show the latest Fix available.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Revathi,

I can only think of one cause for this at the moment.

You are getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/pcbsys/nirvana/nAdminAPI/nDuplicateNodeException which means class nDuplicateNodeException is not in the class path of your JVM.

The class nDuplicateNodeException was not part of nAdminAPI.jar package pre 9.9 (not sure) but definitely it was not part of 9.8.

Somehow I believe you have the older version of nAdminAPI.jar which normally should not happen unless replaced manually.

Due you have any other version of UM installed in your workstation? Maybe class path conflict?

If you have the right package, your enterprise manager should start but I would advice against connecting to realms unless you have equal FIX levels.

Hi Revathi,

You will need to install the UM Client fix 3 on the same machine as the EM fix 3 was applied.

Regards,

Stuart

Hi,

Even i had similar issue. It started working fine after i reverted to compatible fix level.

Thanks Jonathan.

Thanks.