Ediint Mdn

hi

i have the following issue:
i want to update a status field in an backend system, when the mdn message from the customer arrives…
the problem is now, that i dont know how to find the regarding document in tradind networks i sent via ediint.

how is it possible to find the document in tn the mdn is for?

thanks a lot for your help,
alex

p.s.: i’m using wm 6.1

If you have the bizdoc for the MDN in the pipeline, call wm.tn.doc:view, pass it the internal ID of the MDN bizdoc and set ‘getRelated’ to ‘true’. You will then have in the pipeline a document list called ‘relatedDocs’. The ID of the document the MDN is for should be in ‘\relatedDocs\relatedDocs[0]\to’. HTH,

Tim

hi

thanks for your quick answer…
i added an rule for the mdn and in the pipeline i have NO relatedDocs… all i can see is the relatedDocCount is 0.

do i have to do some settings or relations before send to trading networks?

thanks a lot
alex

If you added a rule in TN, then this would have overridden the normal MDN processing rule, which relates the documents. I think that’s why you’re not seeing any related documents. I think you need a different approach. Can you schedule a service to do your DB update at some interval?

Tim

i’m not sure if a understand what you mean…
how can i see the pipeline of the mdn when i do not have an processing rule?

thanks a lot
alex

A processing rule is triggered at the time a document matching its criteria is received by TN. There is already a rule for MDNs that you probably don’t want to mess with if you are using the EDI module. What I was suggesting is scheduling a service that, for example, queries the TN database for MDNs and then does the database update you need. This service would be outside of TN and triggered by the IS scheduler. This is only one possible approach you could take, depending on your requirements. HTH,

Tim