Batching EDI Documents

Hi,

Iam working on Batching EDI Documents. I want to write a processing rule in Trading Networks which should be able to identify a document sent to Trading Networks by wm.b2b.editn.batch:batchProcess.The catch here is that the Trading Networks can get that same document type from a Trading Partner but this processing rule shouldn’t fire for such documents sent by partners.

Can anyone throw some light on how to do this.

Thank’s
Giridhar

I wrote my own Batch process. Then you have control over what to do with the batch.
Just a thought.

The rule that you currently have for partners should be set up to fire only when certain partners are the senders. So if you send it to TN internal you can use a different user and set up another processing rule to fire for that same doc type but different user. You can set up rules to fire not only on doc type but on sender/receiver or other attributes extracted from the doc.

Hi,

I was able to do it by setting the EDI Batch Attribute in the Processing rule. It is available in Extended Criteria. Its working fine now.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Giridhar.

Hi,

the batchProcess service generates an envelope in Trading networks. When I receive this bizdoc in the developer it is not possible to perform a bizdocToRecord from the wmEDIforTN package. Because I don’t have the version and transaction information in this bizdoc. How could this be solved.

Pieter

Pieter,

IF the envelope is routed to the processing service then editn_env should be in the service pipeline.so that you can use envelopeProcess (EDIValues),convertToValues(passes IDATA Values)for doing further data mapping.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

I don’t have the editn_env stucture. There is only a bizdoc and sender receiver. This bizdoc is generated by the batchProcess service. In TN this bizdoc has an UNEDIFACT envelope as document type and application/EDIstream as type.

Kind regards
Pieter

Are you seeing edidata in the pipeline?Actually when TN routes to a processing service if envelope then editn_env,group then editn_grp,transaction set editn_txn…

If you use bizdocToRecord the transaction and version information will be in the envelope use envelopeProcess service to extract the information.

HTH,
RMG