EDI data processing in wM TradingNetworks

Hi All,

I have one question related to processing of EDI data by TN.

For the inbound processes,when i receive EDI data from the partner i am able to see three type of documents after processing the received EDI data.For example say
1.X12 Envelope
2.X12 Group
3.X12 4010 214

And for some partners i am able to see only one document type i.e “EDIINT”

I want to know why this diffrentiation occurs.

Whether it depends on how the data sent by partner or any difference in settings in TN.

If anyone has any idea about this…please let me know…your help is apprciated.

Thanks,
Chandu…

Chandu,

Here are my comments:

1)EDIINT(EDI over internet) uses AS2 transport protocol only used for communication between partners (suppliers/customers/VAN via http/https)

2)These are actual EDI X12 document set that you receive normally X12Envelope edidata wrapped inside the EDIINT (when you doubleclick this document go to Content tab and under Parts you will see payload application/edi-x12(this contains the X12 content after the payload submits to TN depends on the splitOption set in the TPA settings you will see these 3 enries in the Transaction Analysis)
1.X12 Envelope – Interchange envelope document used for routing/partner information
2.X12 Group – Group envelope document used for routing/partner information
3.X12 4010 214 – actual transaction set document

Also pls review the webMethods EDI/EDIINT Module userguide’s for more information and for more generalized information visit ediuniversity.com

HTH,
RMg

Thanks RmMg for your quick response…

Could you please let me know the values that “splitOption” contain

1.when the recieved document has three entries
2.when the received document has only one entry

in the transaction.At present the value set for splitOption in my TN is “Transaction”

Let me know if you need any additional info

Thanks,
Chandu…

If the splitOption set to Transaction then you will obviously see all 3 entries shows up in the transaction analysis…

1.X12Envelope
2.X12 Group
3.X12 4010 214

If the splitOption set to “Interchange” you will see only one entry:
X12Envelope

If the splitOption set to “Group” you will see entry:
X12Group

HTH
RMG

Thanks RMg…

But for some of the partners i am able to see only EDIINT.

Unable to see any of the below mentioned documents,even if the splitOption is set to “Transaction”

Thanks,
Chandu…

But for some of the partners i am able to see only EDIINT.

This means Inbound payload not being extracted from EDIINT or it could be a outbound document to your partner (check sender/receiver and determine whats going on)

HTH,
RMG

No its not a outbound document sent to partner.Its the inbound one received from partner.

Anyhow thanks for your replies RMg,which are helped me alot.

Thanks,
Chandu…

Check/confirm whether the Inbound payload being extracted from EDIINT message and submit to TN.You can raise this issue with your wM admin who can help you troubleshooting.

HTH,
RMg