_duration=on Functionality for Sun Solaris

Hi

My customer tested the Tamino 2.3.1.2 for Windows 2000. We used the functionality to display the time, which Tamino takes to answer for the demand.
It’s like _xql=…&_duration=on
Now, my customer has Sun Solaris and uses the Version 2.3.1.2, without the fixes.
The functionality is not working on this platform. Why this?
On Windows 2000, i have an information like:
<ino:time ino:date=“16.08.2001” ino:time=“20:01:57.461” ino:duration=“300” />
How can i enable this funtionality on Sun Solaris?

thanks for any help

Reto Peter

This is an undocumented feature and I guess Software AG would have the enable it in the Solaris version. I believe it was put it for useful timing during development of Tamino. A nice but undocumented and therefore unsupported feature - one that may disappear in some future patch level.

I would suggest talking to Software AG and see if they will implement it for the Solaris version and make it a formal (and very useful) feature.

For timing Tamino I would have a look at the web logs as these timing are more real because these give the round-trip time to process a query whereas the times from _duration are just the times inside the Tamino database.

Thanks

But I’m really interested in the time that Tamino takes to answer on a demand, and not in the time that an HTTP Server takes to also handle the communication.