Getting Current System Time from Tamino Server

I think this may sound a bit strange but have anyone tried getting a system time from Tamino, I’ve no success with this.

Assuming my application(.Net) and Tamino DB sit on two different servers in different locations and I want to get the current system time as shown on my DB server.

First I thought about using a server extension for the job, but realize that I cannot call the extension in .Net as an extension can only be called using X-Query and .NetAPI does not support it (unless I’m mistaken). Is there any easier way to accomplish this?? Thanks in advance for any input ;D

Can you issue X-Machine Commands?
If you can, try using the “duration” command

The _duration command causes timing information to be returned in the response document. Currently it takes one value which must be set to “on”, otherwise it will be ignored.

The syntax of the command is as follows.

URLprefix?OtherCommands?_duration=“on>”

where OtherCommands represents one or more X-Machine commands for which the timing information is to be returned.

When _duration=“on” is specified, the response document contains an ino:time element that contains the following attributes:

ino:time: This specifies the time of day when the request started.
ino:date: This specifies the date when the request started.
ino:duration: This specifies the duration in milliseconds of the request.

For your need, just the current time, forget the query and just sent the following:
http://host-name/tamino/database-name?_duration=“on”

Result:
ino:response
- <ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8554”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXME8554”>No message received</ino:messagetext>
</ino:message>
<ino:time ino:date=“2004-08-20” ino:time=“12:43:29.089” ino:duration=“0”/>
</ino:response>