Designer build error

We are trying to update the process model using Designer.

When running the build command we have the following error:

“Failed to retrieve previous build information for process”

Anybody has any idea how to aviud this?

thx

Hello Sorin_ctin,

Did you manage to solve this? We have same here :frowning:

Thx

jeremy

Version of IS and Designer? Also pls paste the logs that you see.

-Senthil

Designer version : 7.2 and 7.1.2
IS version : 7.1.2

Attached to this reply is a screenshot of the error

Thanks

Jeremy
designer.jpg

in Designer, go to Windows > Preferences > SoftwareAG > Process Development > Process Audit database, do you see Process Audit Pool configured? Is the ‘Test Connection’ success?

-Senthil

Hello Senthil,

thanks for the answer to Jeremy - I am handing this over from him. I have checked the setup - it is using Integration server JDBS pool parameters and the test connection was successful.

Thanks!

Jana

Hmm… Can you execute the scanPackage service by mentioning the package name created by the process model? This will recheck the fragment file and correct it if required.

As it is null pointer exception, want you to check these options. Were you able to build process models before, and now it is giving this problem, or is this the first time?

-Senthil

Actually, I think this has something to do with the database upgrade. We were rebuilding the processes before without problems also we have reproduced the error on two computers, in two different Designer versions and for several different BPMs - looks that some DB connectivity doesn’t work, but not sure where to check. The BPM process and its steps are stored in DB after the first build (which is successful). When doing the second build we get this error.

Also, not sure if this has the same root cause, but when the first build has been done it could not be administrated (and activated) through the WM Portal administration due to below error (not found any problem though - anything missing). I have activated the process directly in DB and it was successfully processed and shown in the WM Portal monitoring.

electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server: Step with id [euDcgFramework/ManifestingBPI:S20] not found in Process Tracker database. )
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.getCompatibleException(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:398)
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.invoke(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:214)
at $Proxy0.getTrackingExtensions(Unknown Source)
at com.webMethods.bpo.portlet.wm_bam_process_config_details.Bam_process_config_details.getTrackingExtensionsFromWS(Bam_process_config_details.java:1142)
at com.webMethods.bpo.portlet.wm_bam_process_config_details.Bam_process_config_details.loadProcessConfigInfo(Bam_process_config_details.java:1027)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor597.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.webMethods.portal.mech.portlet.impl.PortletMechanics.executePortletMethod(PortletMechanics.java:118)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.portlet.ExecutePortletMethod.executePortletMethod(ExecutePortletMethod.java:53)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portlet.LegacyPortletContainer.process(LegacyPortletContainer.java:229)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portlet.LegacyPortletContainer.processPortletAction(LegacyPortletContainer.java:110)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portlet.beans.rest.RestfulPCAHandler.handle(RestfulPCAHandler.java:182)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handle(DispatchManager.java:438)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handleDispatch(DispatchManager.java:371)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.impl.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:249)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.impl.NTLMFilter.doFilter(NTLMFilter.java:50)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.servlet.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:32)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.servlet.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilter.java:22)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:633)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
at com.webMethods.portal.webApplication.WmWebAppContext.handle(WmWebAppContext.java:161)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:909)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:820)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:986)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:245)
at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
Thanks

I remember, facing similar problems while trying to build models with different versions of designer. It is always advised to have similar version of Designer installed if you have more than one machine, and execute build.

-Senthil

hi,

U had the same problem i’m actually facing , could u help me and say me what to do to solve it ?

Thanks.

In our case the issue was outdated database driver in the Designer plugin com.webMethods.process.metadatadeployer

I’ve followed solution advised by SAG and installed SCG_7.1.3_Datadirect4.2_Fix3 and then manually replaced old sl53_cj36.jar in the Designer tree with the new sl53_cj42.jar and all references to it in .classpath and MANIFEST.MF files inside the plugin (Designer\eclipse\plugins\com.webMethods.process.metadatadeployer…)

Hope it helps

I currently face the same issue, which I have started Thread “Unable to Build & Upload Model in Designer 7.1.2” for.

I have this issue on IS 7.1.3 for both designer Versions.

Hello Holger,

here is the solution described by my colleague JiriK:

In our case the issue was outdated database driver in the Designer plugin com.webMethods.process.metadatadeployer

I’ve followed solution advised by SAG and installed SCG_7.1.3_Datadirect4.2_Fix3 and then manually replaced old sl53_cj36.jar in the Designer tree with the new sl53_cj42.jar and all references to it in .classpath and MANIFEST.MF files inside the plugin (Designer\eclipse\plugins\com.webMethods.process.metadatadeployer…)

Hope it helps

Hello Holger,

here is the solution by my colleague JiriK:

Hope it helps

Just found it after replying.

I will check this next week.

After that I will update my own thread accordingly.

Addendum:

IMO the commandline generator for Designer 7.2 (buildAndUpload*.bat) and 2 caf-sql-plugins are also affected:

• com.webMethods.caf.shared.sql_*
  • com.webMethods.caf.sql.data.ui_*
  • Check the MANIFEST.MF and the plugin.xml (if present) of those plugins for references to sl53_cj*.jar

After exchanging the jars and modifying the files as described in the Empower KB-Article 1736911, the Designer is no longer able to connect to the database at all.
neither with the IS-parameters nor with the directly given parameters.

connection to the server has been checked with telnet and this works.

In the Designer Log there is the following error message:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File

Any ideas?