Deleting data from Archive Database

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

webMethods 10.7

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

We are using WmMonitor services to move data to Archive database. We want to delete data from Archive database after some time.
Do we have any options provided by Software AG or it has to be done through custom scripts

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Please check this answer - How to archive IS DB Tables - #2 by Kalpesh_Shah1 and see if this helps you.
-NP

1 Like

Hi Raaj,

in addendum to Nagendras response (which I think you have already set it up to archive data from productive database to archive database):
you can create a second internal IS instance and configured it to use the archive database as its productive schema.
For security reasons I would suggest to create an additional archive schema for the driver tables.
On this second instance run the WmMonitor archiving services in DELETE mode then instead of ARCHIVE mode.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

While this seems straightforward, there will be issues if both the Archive job executions overlap at runtime, causing an application/database slowdown or even deadlocks in worst-case scenarios.

KM

1 Like

Hi Kasi,

thanks for adding your thoughts about this.

Therefore I am adding these considerations:
Archiving from real production to archive database should be run during low load periods, i.e. in the night.
Purging/Deleting data from the archive database can then be run around noon, as this will not impact the real database nor conflict the above mentioned archiving in the night.

Additionally the amount of data affected by each run can be controlled by the “days to retain” parameter of the archiving services.
See Monitor Users Guide and Monitor Built-In-Services Reference for details.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.