Debugger in NaturalONE

NaturalONE and DevOps Tutorials

1 Like

Hi, I´d like to use “toggle Watchpoint” like showed on 3:40 but my nothing happens when I select this option. My Natural One is : Software AG Designer 10.3 . Thanks!

Hi…!
About the DAS (Debug Attach Server), where do I find some instructions?
For now I didn’t get any content about setup this resource. It would be nice a proper video only to explain and show this DAS running and a debug session with Work Files too.
Thanks!

have you checked the documentation - the NaturalONE reference includes a description of the NaturalONE Debugger and the Debug Attach Server - NaturalONE - Debug Attach Server.

If you set up the batch session with the DAS, you will be able to debug a program with work files.

1 Like

I appreciate the help!
For me, this documentation is not so clear.
1- I did manage starting the DAS in my PC. Should I ask some action to my coworker at the Mainframe side?

2- The DAS log file got something, but what would be the expected content?
11:42:50.784 000000 bind to port 2500 succeeded
11:42:50.816 000000 waiting for connection…

3- The debug session has started Ok but… when it came in the READ WORK FILE 1, I got :
Natural Runtime error in NDV Session …
4700 WORK file 1 not available.
So, how can I set the work file location during debug?
(When I just run the program in development environment, I write a JCL member with the DSN, and the program gets the file…)

For the batch job to connect from the mainframe, you will need to set the DBGAT parameters and the mainframe will need to be able to reach the host:port where your NATDAS is running (so you might need to open the port on your Windows Firewall).

Make sure your NaturalONE session and the batch job are sharing the same client id on the NATDAS. Usually easiest to set the client id in NaturalONE preferences, then set the client id on the DBGAT parameters for the batch job to that client id.

1 Like

Where do I set DBGAT parameters ? In my JCL member?
Could you share an example…?
I appreciate it!

https://documentation.softwareag.com/natural/nat912mf/parms/dbgat.htm

Yes, as it is a dynamic parameter, you can set the DBGAT parameters from your JCL PARM.

1 Like

I’m making progress but it’s still difficult…

Now I’m getting this error:
NAT1999 NATATDBG: Physical connect failed. Ret 12.

How can my JCL find my DAS IP? Wouldn’t that need a DNS?