Data truncation

Hi when I am inserting data into database tables using the JDBC insert adapter service I am getting the data truncation error because of the field length. Can I obtain the field names and/or the values that are causing the truncation error?

Can you share the error message/log?

Here is the error dump.

[ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service cbIntlTransportationMgmt.consumer.maps.ASN.db:insertReference.
[ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement "INSERT INTO MBARSREF(MSZTRNID, MSZMSGTYPE, MSZRFTYPCD, MSZRFVAL, MSZCPGM, MSZCUSR, MSZCJOB, MSZMDTZ) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)". "
(22001/0) Data truncation"
Data truncation

If this is reproducable, You need to ask your DBA (our yourself If you know how) to do a trace on DB side, it will have the values for all fields, compare their size with your table column definition, you should know which one is triggering the error

Please check with your DBA along with the error and they can assist you checking SQL logs and tracing.

HTH,
RMG

Error does not provide any useful info. Check your input data with the table column length. See if you have the rights to change the length of the columns within the table.

Hi All!

Thanks for your reply. I could able to identify the field but my question is if the issue reproduces is there any way to capture the field or value for which it is causing the error so that we can include them in the error email.

Thanks,