Custom Widget Upload doesn't work

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Cumulocity Edge 1013.0.143

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

production instance

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I am trying to add a custom widget to Cumulocity. I followed the tutorial in the Web SDK documentation (Tutorials - Cumulocity IoT Guides). In the last step (npm start), I got an error message. How can I fix this error? Thank you in advance!

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Did you do ‘npm install’ in the project directory?
If so, there should be a node_modules directory with an @ngtoolsdirectory, which contains webpack directory.

Thank you for your answer. I did ‘npm install’ and the directory exists. Also the files in the error message are already created. Maybe there is a problem with the reading permissions?

I renamed my @ngtools directory and I got exactly your error…

So for some reason yours must not be accessible.

Good to know. I still can’t figure out why the folder is not found. I got an example custom widget from a colleague, that is working. Maybe there is a difference in the file structure. Thank you for your help!

I had the same issue some time ago and I cannot elaborate what was going wrong but I could resolve it by using npx and starting from scratch.

npx npm install
npx c8ycli server

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.