Custom Logging-Service for Flow and Java-Services (logback)

Hi all,
it is possible to use the slf4j from SAG for custom logging?

I want use logback in slf4j. But SAG use internally slf4j. And there can be only one slf4j in a java-runtime.

What are you experience with custom logging-Services? What are the best practices here?

Other solution is to use log4j without slf4j, but i like to use logback in my java-Services and its depends on slf4j.

What are your recommendation for this?

thx

You can explore WxLogger (Utility tool built by SAG GCS not free :slight_smile: ) However you can build your own LogBack framework referring the source code which available and run the same in IS Run-time.

WxLogger is now re branded as WxLog and is licensed as mentioned by Mahes.

slf4j can be configured to work with Logback and you need libraries only for Logback to be placed for your logger implementation. You can make use of slf4j libraries from the platform installation.

Do not use Log4j1.x since is end of maintenance (August 2015). An alternative for log4j1.x is log4j2.x and it has asynchronous logging as well.

Hope this helps…!

You could use package classloader instead of server classloader to avoid class conflict.

2 Likes

Have a look a the Wiki page I just posted:

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/Good+To+Know+-+Custom+logging

Explains in detail how to do custom logging on IS with Log4J2.

Just like that :wink:

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,
thanks for the tutorial! However, apperently this way doesn’t work as of version 10.5 anymore according to Atul’s comment a month ago. Could you advise us (or write a second Wiki page) on how to handle it on version 10.5 and above, please?

Best regards,
Marcus

Bump … Anyone, assistance much appreciated.

Hey Chris, given url is not working. Can you help me in giving custom login in webMethods 10.5 would really help

Hi Marcus, did you get solution for 10.5 log4j implementation. if yes, could you please provide us some leads.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

Can you please provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks,
-Kalpesh.

Hi Kaplesh,

I am trying to implement log4j2 in the webMethods 10.5. ideally we are moving the logging framework built on wm 8.0 & log4j to wm10.5.

we are unable to make that work due to log4j is upgraded to log4j2. any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

Sorry, I don’t think I have that code anymore but I’ll dig through the archives later this week :slight_smile:

Chris

Hi @Sridhar_Naidu2,
I responded to your question on “use Log4j2 in webMethods” thread and here is the link to my post: Use log4j2 in webmethods - #6 by Senthil

Looking at the details you provided, it appears you are trying to get your Log4j1 custom logging working on Integration Server 10.5. We can certainly help with that as well. Please review my post above and let us know if you still have issues that you need help with.

Thanks,
-Senthil

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.