Use log4j2 in webmethods

Hi Sridhar,
I’m assuming your Log4j2 config file is not getting loaded in 10.5. Unlike prior versions, webMethods Integration Server 10.5 comes with Log4j2 and is used for Integration Server’s logging as well. As part of it’s Logj42 use, IntegrationServer configures <sag dir>/profiles/IS_<instance>/configuration/logging/lo4j2.properties as the Log4j2 configuration file by adding the following two lines in the <profile_dir>/configuration/wrapper.conf file:

wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dlog4j.configurationFile="<sag dir>\profiles\IS_default/configuration/logging/log4j2.properties"
wrapper.java.additional.4.stripquotes=TRUE

Because such an entry already presents on the Integration Server, the log4j2.xml from your custom application may not be loading. You can fix it by adding your Logj42 configuration file to the above parameter as shown below:

-Dlog4j.configurationFile="<sag dir>\profiles\IS_default/configuration/logging/log4j2.properties,packages/<your-logging-pkg>/config/Log4j2.xml"

Here, I’m using relative path i.e. “packages/…” because the current working directory of any Integration Server is <sag dir>/IntegrationServer/instances/<instance_name> and typically the configuration stays in custom packages so I’m showing that as sample. If you have it in another folder, please specify the path to that file. Also, if you have multiple Log4j2 configuraiton files, you can add them to the same parameter using , (comma) as the separator.

We don’t recommend changing wrapper.conf so what we recommend here is to move the whole entry to custom_wrapper.conf to the next available 3xx entry e.g. 304, 305 and etc. Here, I’m choosing 304 because that’s my next available 3xx entry on 10.5.

wrapper.java.additional.304="<sag dir>\profiles\IS_default/configuration/logging/log4j2.properties,packages/<your-logging-pkg>/config/Log4j2.xml"
wrapper.java.additional.304.stripquotes=TRUE

Please let us know how it works out.

Thanks,
-Senthil

1 Like