Create user in Tamino by API

Hi,

up to now I create users in tamino database by using Software Management Hub. Can I use a Java API to do this as well? I searched in this API but haven’t found methods to do so.

I would be happy for any advices.

M.

Hi Mahsa,

there are no special methods available in the Tamino API4J to create users. However the users are XML documents stored in the ino:security collection and their structure is decribed in the Tamino documenation. So using the Java API you can create such objects. The same holds for groups and ACLs.

When doing so, ensure to use locks carefully, since locking the ino:security collection or doctypes in there can lead to all requests having to wait if information is needed from there during security evaluation time.

best regards,
Heiko

Hello Heiko,
Many thanks for your answer. I checked the xml documents in ino:security and try to work with that.

You mentioned to use locks carefully. Where can I get more information about locking? I found “Isolation Levels and Locking” in the documentation. But how is the lock mode in collection ino:security, in doc type ino:user or of a single document here?

Thanks in advance,
M.

Hi Mahsa,

locks are also described in the Tamino documentation. Make sure to only get exclusive locks when they are absolutely necessary and also don’t use long transactions - do commits as soon as possible to keep the locking time to a minimum.

best regards,
Heiko