convertToValues and repeating segments

Hi List,

I am new here so Hello to everybody.

When I do a convertToValues to convert a Text EDI file to values I am getting an issue when the EDI file has repeating segments.

Example:
UNH+ME000001+INVOIC:D:01B:UN:EAN010’
BGM+380+Invoice4711+9’
DTM+137:20060626:102’
DTM+35:20060623:102’
NAD+BY+4032961000009::9’RFF+VA:DE111646094’

Here, the DTM segment has a maxRepeat of 35. The first DTM is fine, the second will be validated against the following segment group within the FF schema. Since the following group got some mandatory segments, I am getting errros:
“[FFP.0011.0001] Missing mandatory element”

The issue exists if I am processing inbounds using envelopeProcess, getEDIString and convertToValues to split UNB and UNH segments.

When doing a convertToValue just based on the bizdoc EDIdata is is working as expected.

Michel,

convertToValues just based on the bizdoc/content EDIdata will work as expected–this way is the standard EDI parsing processing and it will work as expected for EDIFACT as well X12 sets.

HTH,
RMG

[B][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=5][COLOR=#818181]

Hi RMG,

I took the logic out of the EDI User Manual, Chapter 3 “Receiving and Processing Inbound EDI Documents”.
Would you suggest using the contentpart as input instead of the above? Has it proved to be more stable?

[/b][/color][/size][/font]

My issue is only happening when envelopeProcess runs with validate=true. When set to false, the EDI EANCOM message will be parsed as expected.

RMG,
I have similar issue. I am using wm.b2b.edi.convertValues service to validate EDI with flatfile schema.
PER-segment is repeatable upto 3times and PER01 is mandatory. Whenevr i include 2nd PER segment validation getting falied.

ST|850|109191434~BEG|00|NE|208935OP||20061204~PER|BD|TIMOTHY D. MODERT~PER|OC||EM||kartheek@abg.com~ and so on…

Please correct me if am missing any step?

Thanks,
Kartheek

What is the exact error that is complaining in the convertToValues errors list in the pipeline??Otherwise its bit difficult to analyse the issue…

HTH,
RMG

RMG,
Thanks for your reply. Attached has the pipeline. error message and the edi data included in that pipeline.

Please correct me if i am wrong,
I am using PER01,PER03 and PER05 in 2nd PER segment. In flatfile dictionary i set
PER01-segment property validator as
1A,1B,1C,1D,1E,1F,1G,1H,3A,A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,AA,AB,AC,AD,AE,AF,AG,AH,AI,
AL,AM,AN,AP,AR,AS,AT,AU,AV,BA,BB,BC,BD,BI,BJ,BK,BL,BM,BP,BS,BU,C2,CA,
CB,CC,CD,CE,CF,CG,CH,CI,CJ,CK,CL,CM,CN,CO,CP,CR,CS,CT,CU,CV,CW,CX,CY,
CZ,DA,DC,DD,DE,DF,DI,DM,DN,DV,E1,E2,EA,EB,EC,ED,EF,EG,EM,EN,EO,EP,ES,EV,
EX,FA,FB,FC,FD,FF,FL,FM,FN,FO,FP,FQ,FR,GA,GB,GC,GE,GR,HM,HR,IC,IO,IP,IS,
KA,KB,KC,KP,KT,LD,MA,MB,MC,MD,ME,MG,MK,ML,MM,NA,NC,NP,NT,OA,OC,OD,OS,OW,
PA,PB,PC,PD,PE,PF,PG,PH,PI,PJ,PK,PL,PM,PN,PO,PP,PQ,PR,PS,PT,PU,PV,PW,PX,PY,PZ,
QA,QC,QI,QM,QP,QR,QY,RA,RB,RC,RD,RE,RF,RG,RP,RQ,RS,RZ,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SF,SG,SH,SI,
SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN,SO,SP,SQ,SR,SS,ST,SU,SV,SW,
SY,TA,TB,TC,TD,TE,TH,TM,TN,TP,TR,TY,UG,UP,UQ,UR,VM,VP,WH,WI,WR,ZZ

and PER03 and PER05 as:
AA,AB,AC,AD,AP,AS,AU,BN,BT,CA,CP,DN,ED,EM,EX,FT,FU,FX,HF,
HP,IT,MN,NP,OF,OT,PA,PC,PP,PS,SP,TE,TL,TM,TN,TX,UR,VM,WC,WF,WP

but in PER05 i am giving e-mail address. Is it the one causing the issue?
I tried with hard-coding PER03 and PER05 values with the above but still it is throwing same error.

Thanks,
Kartheek
EDI850Error.xml (24.6 KB)

RMG,
It is working fine. It is an issue with flatfile schema. I changed the schema and it is working fine.

Thanks,
Kartheek