controlling db location

I am able to control the location of temporary work space, log space, and backup space for a database via the Location Management branch of the Tamino System Management Hub. How do I control where a database stores it’s index, data, and journal space?

Thanks in advance!

-Patrick

Hi Patrick,
just beneath your db entry (e.g. ‘myDB’) you find an entry ‘Database Spaces’. Here the information about the logical location of index, data and jornal space is located.

Regards,
Uli

Those seem to do the trick.

However, when I create a new database, I am not given a choice for specifying the location of the index, data, and journal spaces. It appears to use the ‘default’ location.

Is the only way to control the location of these locations to move them after creation?

What happens if I delete the ‘default’ location? Can I then create a new ‘default’ location with a new path?

Thanks!

-Patrick

Hi Patrick,
during creating a new database watch out on page 9 (of 10). There you can change the location of index, data and journal space via a combo box, which offers you the available locations.

Regards,
Uli

If you create a database in the SMH Page 9 of 10 gives you the oppurtunity to specify size AND
location of Index, Data and Journal spaces.
See Attachment for screen shot.
locs.bmp (644 KB)

Hi Patrick,

When creating the database, step 9 is the “Define Database Spaces” page. It lists Index, Data and Journal in that order, and for each it asks for the size (second column) and location (third column). The default is the “default” location but they are in fact drop-down lists and you can change where to places these container files.

best regards,
Stuart