CONNX connection through Visual studio

I am trying to connect to CONNX using Visual Studio. Taking reference to Form1.cs.
Connx is on a server and I am on a local machine. Shared the connx.dataprovider.dll.

I am receiving an error saying that ‘I need to make a connection before running a query’. So to make the connection what file do i need to specify ?

I have a .cdd file shared to me, which I am using to make transformation in Connx web interface. Is it that file ?
cnn.ConnectionString = ‘DD=’ + ofd.FileName + “;Prompt=2”

Let me know, if I am missing anything

It is not enough to just copy the connx.dataprovider.dll to a new machine where you have visual Studio installed - you must install the CONNX client on that system as well. The connx.dataprovider.dll loads the CONNX core driver (connx32.dll) and many other CONNX DLLs - and depends on a proper CONNX configuration in the registry, which can only be obtained by performing an installation on that client system.

Additionally, if this is a CDD taken from a DataSync system - it has a connection to a local CONNXStore database which does not exist in your development PC. You will need to alter your connection string so that it does not attempt to connect to that database.

If, for example, in your CDD, you have a database called “MyDatabase” - then use the following additional parameter in your connection string:
Application=MyDatabase
This will ensure that only a connection to MyDatabase is made, and the other databases in the CDD will be ignored.

Regarding the format of the connection string, you are correct, the DD= parameter should specify the fully qualified path to the data dictionary. file.

You also have another undocumented option of using a TCP/IP protocol version of the data provider (which you already have) - using this provider, a CONNX installation is not required on the client application - you just need to configure a CONNX JDBC DSN on the server where CONNX is installed. This .NET data provider connects to the CONNX JDBC server - and behaves exactly like a type 3 JDBC driver, where only the driver file itself is required on the client. For more information on how to use this feature, please create a support incident and we can provide more details via that channel.