Connecting AS2 to a VAN

We are currently working on a webMethods migration project in which we need to connect to our VAN using AS2.
Our theory is that we should be able to setup our individual trading partners in TN and just use the VAN’s AS2 information for each Trading Partner.
The problem seems that we can’t setup the same EDIINT ID for different trading partners.

Has anyone else run into this situation?

Dave,

Welcome to wmusers. We set up our VAN as a TP, then have our rule invoke a wrapper service that calls wm.EDIINT:send using our VAN’s TP data in the receiver qualifier and id fields.

In TN, we see the X12 Envelope with the real partner listed as receiver, and the EDIINT with the VAN listed as receiver.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Me again. Another advantage of this method is that you only have to define the delivery specs on one Trading Partner profile…

Dave,
There are a couple ways to do this and you will have this same problem with any EDIINT exchange that uses a centralized AS2 id. The 2 suggestions that I have are:

1. Have one profile with the AS2 id and all the ISA id’s for your trading partners going through that VAN all specified in one profile.

2. Have one profile used for the EDIINT AS2 envelope with only the AS2 id and a delivery method pointing to a public queue used for that VAN. Then I would add as many additional profiles as needed to identify each trading relationship with the ISA id in each one and in the extended fields tab I would add a field to the EDIINT group for the AS2ID for outbound documents to be used in enveloping the EDIINT. In the triggered service for the processing rule for an outbound x12 855 I would call my service that will get profile extended fields (wm.tn.profile:getExtendedFields) to use in the inputs for the AS2ID receiver id on my call to service wm.EDIINT:send. Then in the processing rule used for an outbound EDIINT document I would specify delivery by the VAN’s public queue.

There are actually a few more ways to accomplish this like using trading partner agreements. What you need to decide is how do you want the transactions to appear in the transaction analysis. If you want them to appear as a single entity and all display when you filter by the VAN profile then keep the profile all centralized under one profile. Another suggestion here is to use the Corporate Name to be the VAN name on all profiles and use the Unit Name to specify the individual partner you transact with through that VAN.

If you want to be able to easily pull up each individual trading partner’s documents then follow a solution like number 2 above and decentralize the profile setup. Your EDIINT level in transaction analysis will be centralized but each individual X12 envelope and document will be decentralized.

The other question is do you need to trigger different services based on the different trading partners such as special mapping requirements for one of your trading partners on the VAN that would require your profile to be decentralized for processing rule conditioning. An example of this would be the same document, same version, but required data elements specified in different locations of the document.
Good luck!
Dawn