com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0014.9116] Unable to locate or start compiler

Hi Team,

Before I created this topic I searched the forum and tried all the suggestions provided in those topics but none of them helped to solve my problem.

I am getting below error while saving Java Service in the designer.
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0014.9116] Unable to locate or start compiler

1. I verified the property watt.server.compile & watt.server.compile.unicode in server.cnf it is pointing to as shown below.

watt.server.compile=C:\SoftwareAG\jvm\jvm\bin\javac -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}
watt.server.compile.exitOnError=true
watt.server.compile.readFromStdErr=true
watt.server.compile.unicode=C:\SoftwareAG\jvm\jvm\bin\javac -encoding Unicode -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}

1. I tried with setting JAVA_DIR also in server.bat but that didn’t worked.

Could you please help me, do I need to configure any other properties to compile java service from designer.

I tried with jcode make pkg its working without any errors.

thank you.

Hi @vjaligama,

Seems like this is an issue with the long path. Some suggestion or workaround that could work is to shorten the path

1. Open a new Command Prompt
  2. Change directory to C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer (i.e. where your IS is installed)
  3. Type subst K: .
  4. Change directory now to K:
  5. Open ini.cnf file located under C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\bin directory. In there set
    application.productDirectory=K:
  6. Open server.bat file located under C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\bin directory. Set
    SET IS_DIR=K:
    SET PROFILES_DIR=C:\SoftwareAG\profiles\IS_default

Let me know if this work

Thanks,
Sree

Thank you, Sree for your help. I tried your suggestion , but it didn’t help.
When I have added application.productDirectory=K: property to ini.cnf IS is not starting at all.
In server.logs I can see all the packages are stopping and ports are disabled, no other exception (stack trace) to know why IS is shutting down.

btw… Are these steps are mentioned anywhere in the docs/forum.

thanks,
Venkat

1 Like

I tried this on my local, have made some changes in the steps I gave and I see the IS is coming up. I have updated the above post. Please retry once.
And regarding these steps, no these are not documented and this is a workaround as sometimes the path might get too long.

Thanks,
Sree

Hi, I am facing the same issue too. When I try to compile a java source code in designer,
I get the error
Error: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0014.9116] Unable to locate or start compiler

I have configured the extended settings (watt.server.compile and watt.server.compile.unicode) as well. After doing this and restarting IS server, i see the following error in wrapper.log when i try to compile a java source code from designer.

INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/07/20 21:56:15 | java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\SoftwareAG\jvm\jvm\bin\javac”: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/07/20 21:56:15 | at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1128)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/07/20 21:56:15 | at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1071)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/07/20 21:56:15 | at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:592)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/07/20 21:56:15 | at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:416)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/07/20 21:56:15 | at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:354)

I tried the subst as indicated in the post, but as mentioned by @vjaligama, even I faced the issue that the IS failed to start up and there were no exceptions in wrapper.log as well.

@Sreekanth_Siddapur_Channakeshava , Is anything else required to be configured in the steps mentioned for the long path workaround.

Thanks,
Hema

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’m seeing this also, with Integration server and Designer 10.7, 10.11 and 10.15. It’s working in my 10.5 environment, all of these are out of the box (quite default) installations and the watt.server.compile variable in all of them are identical, pointing to the Javac in the respective suite folder. Something changed along the way to make it so that default Java service compiling from Designer no longer works. Hoping someone knows the solution, other than the trick offered here, which doesn’t appear to work.

Please check Java Services Compile Issue due to API Gateway Package - Unable to locate or start compiler

Update on this one. A colleague recommended that it’s OK to simply delete the custom setting for watt.server.compile and just allow the Integration Server to just use the default compile command.

By deleting my custom setting, I was able to compile Java services.

1 Like